Q: Ball is lower than feet on "flat" lie

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbl

New
Situation is like this: at driving range there was almost zero grass...EXCEPT where you can have your feet. So the ball is about 1/2-1" lower than your feet. Found I was topping the ball.

Should one bend knees slightly or bend over slightly more?

if the ball is below your feet, increase knee bend, and sit some more weight into your heels. also keep your trail heel down that bit longer. lee trevino said you should keep it down the whole swing

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Trick.

The "trick" to hitting a ball below your feet, is making a more upright, "cut across" swing. Same as ball in deep rough.

A little more knee bend—maybe. A little wider stance—maybe. Both basically as needed.

The "trick" to hitting a ball below your feet, is making a more upright, "cut across" swing. Same as ball in deep rough.

A little more knee bend—maybe. A little wider stance—maybe. Both basically as needed.

yeah, for some reason, I think its totally mental, I make better contact, and a better swing, when the ball is either above or below my feet, I think I concentrate more on the things you listed above, and then it causes me to concentrate more on the shot.

dbl

New
Thanks for the replies. Actually, there are other "height" situations that I consider.

My normal course has fairly thick grass and a player will sink into it a bit, yet the ball sits on top, so the ball is higher than one's shoe soles.

So the driving range situation (it was demo day, hence little grass) was just the opposite - lower than usual by quite a bit.

And back to the course, if the ball winds up in a very tight lie, the ball does seem to me to be a bit lower than usual. I usually use a little more knee bend to get to it, but I was only guesssing about what might facilitiate impact. I will definitely try the above suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.