Question for the Trackman Dudes, AoA and Path

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking about this today.

Does swinging out to the right *help* the golfer get an upward Angle of Attack with the driver?

Conversely, if a golfer wants to hit slightly down with the driver (say -1 to -2*), should they swing a little left so they can accomplish this downward hit?

Basically, is there a correlation between path and angle of attack? I know that it effects whether the ball goes straight or not, but what I'm trying to figure out is in order to get a certain AoA, does a golfer have to chose a certain path in order to accomplish that?

3JACK

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator

Does swinging out to the right *help* the golfer get an upward Angle of Attack with the driver?

Conversely, if a golfer wants to hit slightly down with the driver (say -1 to -2*), should they swing a little left so they can accomplish this downward hit?

Basically, is there a correlation between path and angle of attack? I know that it effects whether the ball goes straight or not, but what I'm trying to figure out is in order to get a certain AoA, does a golfer have to chose a certain path in order to accomplish that?

3JACK

Off the top of my head, I would think the lesser the player that would be true.

3JACK

i would think that is correct, seeing as swinging left moves low point fwd, and swing right moves low point back.

westy

New
A Three Dimensional Thought

I oppose.
If you dont change your swing from swing to swing, and just repeat the same motion but change the orientation, swinging right will cause UP, (and/or vice versa) and hitting down causes/feels like/is left.
IF all you do is change the orientation.....in 3D... to the ball and/or the target....
OR
You could change your swing from shot to shot to cause up/down/right/left. That could be considered more advanced for shaping etc.... Or create problems.
Whaddya fink?

Status
Not open for further replies.