Question regarding low point/face angle on The Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would I be correct to think that the only time you miss a putt on The Sheriff is if the putter shaft does not match the black line at address at impact, i.e leaning backward or forward at impact?

What I am trying to process is does forward or backward lean on the putter at impact require manipulation of the face to get a ball rolling dead online if the putter is swung on the shaft plane?

Thanks in advance guys

Would I be correct to think that the only time you miss a putt on The Sheriff is if the putter shaft does not match the black line at address at impact, i.e leaning backward or forward at impact?

What I am trying to process is does forward or backward lean on the putter at impact require manipulation of the face to get a ball rolling dead online if the putter is swung on the shaft plane?

Thanks in advance guys

Assuming you aim the clubface with the shaft vertical AT ADDRESS, then yes, in the sheriff the clubface is guaranteed to be square to the plane so at impact it would be square if the shaft was returned to vertical or "low point".

This is assuming you're lining it up correctly in the first place and the speed is correct, of course.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
There is Hertz, and there is "not exactly"....

You should not hit a putt at the low point of your stroke.

The putter should be on the rise, a couple of degrees.

So the putter needs to be OPEN relative to the plane to make the putt, or else do like Tiger and aim right,

You should not hit a putt at the low point of your stroke.

The putter should be on the rise, a couple of degrees.

So the putter needs to be OPEN relative to the plane to make the putt, or else do like Tiger and aim right,

So if you want to aim straight, how do you recommend working this concept into practice with the Sheriff?

You have to have the face open to the path, and pretty much square to the target, and hit a "mini-cut" putt.

No kidding. :eek:

Ok, I get that part. But how would you have someone practice that with their putter "inside" the Sheriff? Would you just have them set up with the face slightly open?

I'm having a slow morning with my brain here, as we are hitting the putt slightly on the up, the face in The Sherriff is square to the plane but slightly closed to the target line?

Is this why we would either set up The Sheriff Slightly out to in to the target line or parallel with a slightly open clubface at impact, where the putter is beginning to rise?

If I hit up on the putter do I need to aim right of target? (D-plane)

I wonder too. If up is left (with sherriff putting, the putter swings up and around to the left slightly) then it appears so. I will try a little experiment on the putting green and check back.

Finally got it. It's best to hit the ball on the upswing slightly, if using the sheriff the face would be slightly closed to target line but square to the plane. So the face better be a touch open or we are in "pull city". (Or aim right like Tiger :)

Why was that so hard to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.