Questions about angles for filming swing

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the best ways to align the camera for the straight ahead and down the line views?

For down the line do you try and line the camera up with the ball inbetween the camera and the target?

For the straight-on view do you try and get the lens perpendicular to your body but on a line through the ball?

Erik_K

New
You pretty much got it.

From down the line, I like the camera at hands height. Make sure you are far enough way so you can see everything - the feet, club head, ball, etc.

Place a box on the ground and when you are filming make sure you only see one side of the box. This does not eliminate all parallax issues, but it will help minimize them to some extent.

Side view - same as above. Get the camera in the same line as the ball, at hands height.

Erik

You pretty much got it.

From down the line, I like the camera at hands height. Make sure you are far enough way so you can see everything - the feet, club head, ball, etc.

Place a box on the ground and when you are filming make sure you only see one side of the box. This does not eliminate all parallax issues, but it will help minimize them to some extent.

Side view - same as above. Get the camera in the same line as the ball, at hands height.

Erik

Thanks for the reply. I totally forgot about the height of the camera. I am however, a bit confused by the box thing. If the box is on the ground then the camera will see the front and the top? That would be more than one of the 6 sides...unless you just mean make sure you see the front (facing the camera) and none of the left and right sides (ignoring the top as a "side")?

Erik_K

New
Ideally just one side. It depends on where you are hitting the ball and the size of the box, I suppose. The point is that you have some reference to adjust the camera so you are 'square' to the camera.

ej20

New
If space permits place the camera as far away as possible.This reduces parallax and the precise placement of the camera is not as important.

With a camera up close,a camera misplaced a few inches can result in identical swings looking differently.Parallax is magnified the closer you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.