Questions about Tony Lema's swing

Status
Not open for further replies.
mrodock said:
I DIDN'T MEAN IT LIKE THAT!

TSP, ELBOW, etc.

I know...well, it's been a while since I've looked at his sequence. I recall he used lower hands but had a fairly upright plane. Don't quote me on that...

He was a talented golfer, no doubt about it. He had a good swing, but when I studied it in more detail (years ago), I felt it was a lot "looser" than Hogan and wouldn't be a model I would want to spend a lot of time on. He had an incredible short game. It's tragic his career ended that way.

For those interested, Tony Lema did write a book about his golf game and much more. It might be available thru some of the companies which locate out of print books.

mrodock said:
Did Tony Lema float load?
And what planes did he SWING ON?

Thanks!

Matt

Double shift from the elbow plane although I doubt he thought of it that way. Front arm on the Hogan plane at the top with shoulders turning on a flatter plane. Generally neutral head position with the long clubs and some lean toward the target at the top. Lots of knee flex typical of the period.

DRW

Last edited:
DOCW3 said:
Double shift from the elbow plane although I doubt he thought of it that way. Front arm on the Hogan plane at the top with shoulders turning on a flatter plane. Generally neutral head position with the long clubs and some lean toward the target at the top. Lots of knee flex typical of the period.

DRW

excellent, thank you very much DRW!

Status
Not open for further replies.