quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early in the downswing my right shoulder drops under creating what looks like a lot of shoulder tilt and excessively shallow angle of approach and I jump up not to hit it fat, what do i need to work on?

Its a good question and something I suffer from, somehow that right shoulder needs to work more around and on plane......my developed from years of not wanting to hit the hacker slice but turned to the other evil of underplane hooks.

try to make sure on the way down as the arms begin to come in front that you:
- keep the left shoulder slightly closed and
- have the left elbow pointing down the target line for as long as possible and slowly release the left wrist as the arms work down.

If you got underplane the left elbow is pointing outside the line probably and if you got over the top the left elbow would be pointing left of the target line.

If I were you I would find a way to post a video and then pay the most attention to responses from the instructors on this forum.

a Quick question about your swing can only generate answers that are basically guesses and have the potential to do you more harm than good.

If I don't miss my guess your tilt is coming from a head drop and leaning back. What is your finish like? I'm willing to bet you have a lot of reverse C look and don't fully get to your left.

ej20

New
Early in the downswing my right shoulder drops under creating what looks like a lot of shoulder tilt and excessively shallow angle of approach and I jump up not to hit it fat, what do i need to work on?

You probably need to work on dropping your right shoulder more.People don't realise just how much the right shoulder drops to start the downswing in a tour pro quality swing.

Look at Alex Noren and see how much his right shoulder drops.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oNxdx9icG28&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oNxdx9icG28&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator

Assuming your backswing isnt the cause of you NEEDING to back that right shoulder up, you might want to work on getting the arms to separate from the right shoulder or simply train the shoulder to move down AND out.

SJO

New
He probably has a reverse C well into his follow through but then has his head forward at the finish. Like Paul Casey. Just guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.