Radius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Came across this write up, in addition there is a detailed paper supporting this study.
Engineering a Better Golf Swing - Articles
Is this what we are looking for? And what are its implications?
Is the bending of the left arm a bad thing or does is not matter? Or is it important when it is “not bend”? I do not know …, anyone?

odpeus,

we have talked to ryan maginnes (guy in the picture holding the club) and his professor, steven nesbit.....we have read and studied all his published papers.......he will be and has been a big part of our overall understanding of the swing...

as far as "shortening the radius" - this may be the most misunderstood term thrown around by "the seekers"....

i have had people explain the term to me with great confidence - three different times - three different explanations

i have a feeling that we will put the definition to bed in december....just like we put hitting/swinging to bed in phoenix - the video will be out very shortly - we hope you enjoy

I read the text on the link, specially this remark

"The answer lies in a characteristic of the golf swing that past biomechanical studies have assumed away: the radius. Cochran and Stobbs (1969) initially proposed a “double pendulum” model, where the first link of the pendulum represents a rigid connection between a fixed point of rotation and the grip point of the club. Meanwhile the second link represents the club itself, as an accurate approximation of the golf swing. ....However, a few years ago Dr. Nesbit (2005) used a full body modeling approach and noted that the hub path of the golf swing, in other words, the path traced out by the hands through the downswing, was in fact non-circular and specifically that the radius seemed to decrease from the start of the backswing through impact"

Thsi info was know long before 2005 wasn't it? I have a programma on my desktop made by Max Dupilka (swing perfect 1999) which outputs more or less the same data. Or i'm i misreading something here?

Status
Not open for further replies.