Raising the handle, humping the goat: Help me Stop!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may want to seek therapy if you are picturing a goat. Supermodels are recommended.
The dreaded hosel fade--always put a ball or headcover about a ball's diameter on the outside of your desired ball in practice.
Use one of those garden sticks with a headcover hanging off the edge and hanging above your hands.."down in the gutter..not up on the curb."
And no more bestiality, either, you sicko.

hp12c

New
Resulting in heel shots, occasional shank.

Swing thought or drill? Thanks.

Swing under the stick. you'll need some assistance and a fiberglass rod or one of those aligment sticks. Home depot, lowes have those driveway reflectors which look like aligment rods. Have some one hold the rod parallel behind the ball almost over the ball about a foot to a foot and a half off the ground make sure the rod is long enough so you dont hit the person who is holding it and then swing under the stick without a ball a few times when you feel confident enough put a ball down and swing away.

ball rod
o -----------

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Inward rotation of the left arm flying wedge, while maintaining some wrist cock without early right side bending, with a hair of late twistaway.

Thanks Brian!

Now someone can give me a clue as to a learning path to incorporate those elements?

BTW I have a bunch of the vids: NHA, NSA, CoFF. . . . if those elements are hidden in those. . . . I recognize twistaway, and the flying wedges I'm working already.

What is Goat Humping? Can someone draw a visual? Is this a good or bad thing?

I believe our TPI brethren would call it "early extension." They define it this way: "Early Extension is defined as any forward movement (thrust) of the lower body towards the golf ball during the downswing."

I don't wish to be judgmental but goat humping, in all its permutations, is almost always a bad thing.

footwedge

I believe our TPI brethren would call it "early extension." They define it this way: "Early Extension is defined as any forward movement (thrust) of the lower body towards the golf ball during the downswing."

I don't wish to be judgmental but goat humping, in all its permutations, is almost always a bad thing.

Unless your a goat then it's a good thing not a baaaad thing! :eek:

Whew! I thought everyone knew what I was talking about. . . ..

I worked at the range today (I'm the OP) on Brian's suggestions, to the extent that I understood them. Definitely better.

I will work tomorrow trying to keep my right heel on the ground longer.

I stil do not know how you intentionally tumble. Basically, terminology is still an issue. Brian's answer may have been more gratifying to someone who understood all of what he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.