Range suprise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week I posted my swing which had my hands way above the turned shoulder plane at the top. Today I was at the range working on having them lower and hitting the ball really well. In front of me was a tall guy hitting drivers and grunting with each hit and not really hitting the ball that great. We got to talking and he said he was in the senior division in long drive contest but anyway he said the magic words "can I give you some advice"? I thought, this is going to be good so I said yeah sure, I'd love some advice thinking what kind of crap is he going to throw out there. He said "you're standing to close to the ball, back up, back way up". He backed me up so far it felt like I couldn't get back to the ball if I wanted to on the downswing. Well I took a mighty swing and I'll be damned if I didn't hit one of the longest balls of my life on that range into a breeze. The ball had much more height too but it was like it just kept going and going. This success continued through the bucket with all my clubs. I guess with my new flatter swing the ball needed to start further away also. So I guess you never know what kind of advice you'll get on the range.

Last edited:
Last week I posted my swing which had my hands way above the turned shoulder plane at the top. Today I was at the range working on having them lower and hitting the ball really well. In front of me was a tall guy hitting drivers and grunting with each hit and not really hitting the ball that great. We got to talking and he said he was in the senior division in long drive contest but anyway he said the magic words "can I give you some advice"? I thought, this is going to be good so I said yeah sure, I'd love some advice thinking what kind of crap is he going to throw out there. He said "you're standing to close to the ball, back up, back way up". He backed me up so far it felt like I couldn't get back to the ball if I wanted to on the downswing. Well I took a mighty swing and I'll be damned if I didn't hit one of the longest balls of my life on that range into a breeze. The ball had much more height too but it was like it just kept going and going. This success continued through the bucket with all my clubs. I guess with my new flatter swing the ball needed to start further away also. So I guess you never know what kind of advice you'll get on the range.

I hope that flattter swing stay with you because it comes and goes. good luck bro.

I don't know for sure, but it just seems intuitively correct that standing further from the ball would make swinging more flat a little easier to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.