Rank the majors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of the 4 majors, how do you think the majority of pro's rank them?

1)Masters
2)The Open
3)US Open
4)PGA

I really don't know, curious what the majority think.

PS I could flip flop 2 and 3 but my 1 and 4 are strong at least for me. Whatchagot?

1)Masters
2)The Open
3)US Open
4)PGA

PS I could flip flop 2 and 3 but my 1 and 4 are strong at least for me. Whatchagot?

Difficult one cos it all depends from where the pros come from.

I'll bid the following...
Tied 1st. U.S and British Opens
3rd. Masters
4th. USPGA

If you could only win one, I think most pro's would take the Masters, for the lifetime exemption, the champions dinners, returning to the same course every year. If you asked the few great players that have won most of them, I would think they would be more proud of the 2 Opens because of their history, difficult set-ups, historic courses, and strength of field.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
The Open is the only real major left imo...Augusta was ruined by all the added length, the USGA can never get it right and the PGA doesn't seem anymore difficult than the players championship.

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
1. Masters
2. Open Championship

The other two are fine. I appreciate the the fairness of qualifying for the US Open. The PGA is just a bit bigger tour event that ought to return to match play.

The Masters and Open are the epitome of golf IMO.

Personally I like The Open the best. It has the most TV coverage. :) For that same reason I like The Masters the least (much less TV coverage).

1)Masters
2)The Open
3)US Open
4)PGA

Same as me. :)

The Open is the only real major left imo...Augusta was ruined by all the added length, the USGA can never get it right and the PGA doesn't seem anymore difficult than the players championship.

I think they should just make the Players Championship the PGA Championship and play Sawgrass every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.