recent swing epiphanies

Status
Not open for further replies.
The better I can maintain some turn in the transition...the harder I can rotate and tumble with everything I got without worrying about losing it left.

The better I can control my left shoulder in the transition, that is to keep it low/level instead of going up,...the more I can let my left wrist bend and my right wrist flatten during release, without worry about too having too much loft at impact...AND the more I can jump and pull ('going normal') with everything I got and STILL have decent downward angle of attack.

hp12c

New
ah can I get some of that? nice going tong! What Ive noticed about my swing is I work on stuff and not force results like I used to and somehow the stuff Im working on slowly creeps in, its kinda like getting an unexpected gift show up on my front door, a gift I really like after I open the box!

Brian Manzella

Administrator
The better I can maintain some turn in the transition...the harder I can rotate and tumble with everything I got without worrying about losing it left.

The better I can control my left shoulder in the transition, that is to keep it low/level instead of going up,...the more I can let my left wrist bend and my right wrist flatten during release, without worry about too having too much loft at impact...AND the more I can jump and pull ('going normal') with everything I got and STILL have decent downward angle of attack.

You can lay it off (or lay it down, of you will) with early torso rotation or very late.

But.....

Tumbling the club with too early a torso turn is VERY difficult and for most golfers, impossible.

The left shoulder UP move will ALMOST ALWAYS be combined with early tilt and too much rotation.

The left wrist bend move—SPIDERMAN LEFT HAND—is critical to all of the above.

Sound like you are getting somewhere, Leo. Glad to hear it!

Status
Not open for further replies.