Recommendations on a practice mat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
The facility i practice at has a great short game area but none of it is closely mowed to simulate a fairway lie. I'd like to purchase a nice practice mat for chipping/pitching/short wedge shots that i can bring with me. Note that i want a mat that's big enough for both the ball and myself to be on. I've seen some of the small ones that you just put the ball on but that also puts the ball ever so slightly above your feet and i don't want to deal with that.

Anyone own one? Know of any recommendations? Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks

Real Feel mats are the best I've ever hit off of. A local range of mine has them. I don't own one, but have been considering it. You can really hit down and through, but if you hit it fat, you hit it fat. No skiding into the ball and still ending up with a good result. They sell a small strip and have a separate thing to stand on available so it's not above your feet. They have full size mats too, but they're pricey.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Brian do you have a full size mat or one of the portable ones where there 1 to stand on and 1 to put the ball on? I wouldn't mind saving the cash and going for that one but i'd be afraid it would be kind of awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.