Release exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stumbled upon this video where a guy shows how to release the club and some ways to train it. Wondering if the Manzella camp agrees with this or not? I just find it interesting because the other day I read where a pro (can't remember who) practiced with a ball between their legs.

Thanks

Sorry I found the vid on my wife's facebook account, not sure if you can see it if you don't have facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=194889587259982&set=vb.376182994370&type=3&theater

I think what this guy espouses identifies 'Hit' as a misnomer in 'Heavy Hit', and suggests that the 'Heavy Hit' is actually a fully braced full release. He presents a strong argument that this is the most efficient clubhead speed generator.

Cracking a whip. Your core MUST be strong to brace for impact and sling the club through at high speeds. Just as a tree is to withstand powerful winds it must have a strong trunk. The tree stands firm and rooted as the wind blows the branches. In order for the golfer to "withstand" a high speed golf swing he too must have a strong trunk. A weak core will destroy a swing just as a weak link in a chain.

Where is the ground reaction force vector "pointing" when the body has to get in the way? By standing on the ground are you automatically getting in the way? By having mass are you automatically getting in the way?

if it's not bracing it's doing something. and it's certainly not disengaged. of course, these are simply philosophical differences and likely just different interpretations of the same concept. or are they? i have no clue what a total ground reaction force vector is, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.