RELEASE OF TRACKMAN IIIe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this email today :

We are very excited to announce the release of TrackMan IIIe. Our R&D team has been on the fast track to provide the Smartest, Easiest and Most Accurate 3D Club and Ball flight analysis the market has ever seen.

Smartest
TrackMan IIIe merges video and data. And now seamlessly integrates with our online service mytrackman.com offering an easy way to access data from your laptop or any mobile device. If you are a teaching professional you can easily share data and video with your students.

Easiest
The new TrackMan IIIe is truly wireless. The system can be operated from your smartphone / tablet. Control everything from target selection through data collection. No need for a separate laptop to get started. TrackMan IIIe is the smallest and lightest golf radar available on the market.

Most Accurate
The TrackMan IIIe is based on the same radar technology as TrackMan III. Our market leading radar technology delivers unmatched quality and accuracy.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
The reason I wouldn't sell mine are as follows.....

1. My $4200 laptop's screen is better than any tablet out currently by a mile.

2. The radar is identical.

3. If I add a high-end face on camera, it needs to go through the laptop anyhoo.

Anybody know if the price has come down so the average Joe could consider purchasing
a device for his small town business?

well I sucked it and bought mine a yearand a half ago, and while I'm quite plesed with the performance, I personally feel some of the "upkeep" is a bit, uh, stiff. It's like the airlines after you buy your ticket; "Oh you wanna sit down during the flight, well that's gonna cost a little more"...If I spend say a few hundred bucks on something, and a few months later "something 2" comes out comes out, I expect to pay to upgrade it. But when I spend 20K on something I don't expect to reach in my pocket for a while. And then there's certification...

Golf pros are always suckers for the manufacturers. There can't be many industries where the most influential people are treated with such disdain. Oh, there is one:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5ydqjqZ_3oc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"But when I spend 20K on something I don't expect to reach in my pocket for a while. And then there's certification..."

Simply the economics of low volume, or limited specialty market. My question is whether your investment is paying for itself on
roughly the same timeline as you envisioned. Is it a P&L winner or loser?

Only competition between Flightscope and Trackman (or some other company) will get the price down. I would bite the bullet for a couple grand provided I could also use it as a golf simulator with some preloaded courses. Anything over that is a divorce.

Not sure this market is even big enough for one player, let alone two. However, without a market there would be no product. Planned economies don't work.

"But when I spend 20K on something I don't expect to reach in my pocket for a while. And then there's certification..."

Simply the economics of low volume, or limited specialty market. My question is whether your investment is paying for itself on
roughly the same timeline as you envisioned. Is it a P&L winner or loser?[/QUOTE

Loser right now. But I own it and planned on it being a slow return. The technology is great as I've said. But expensive. So was Ping when Karsten invented perimeter weighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.