Release similar to shortstop pivot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've purchased the videos by Brian and Mike and have been working on my swing with the new info
with great results. Thank you Brian and Mike

Having played alot of baseball as a shortstop in my youth, I noticed while practicing the downswing out toss
, that this move is very similar to the doubleplay pivot a shortstop makes.
After the shortstop does the out toss move with his right arm he then whips his right hand forward and incorporates
a well timed release with his wrist to supply the power for the throw.

I know Hogan talked about the the shortsop throw, but I never understood it till now.

If the shortstop tried to throw by just using a forward pivot he'd have no power in the throw.

Does any of this make sense ?

Hopefully you're just talking about feels because I don't know how you swing/make a double play/shoot a basket and think at the same time, as in thinking about moving parts.

Yes, in my opinion you've got it. Feel like your lower body stays stable and just whip that thing through and snap it at the bottom. In my opinion the power feels like it's coming from the right hand. It feels like my lower body just coasts but my lats and glutes are in actuality firing so damn hard they're getting sore. They're just supporting the flick for me. Once you figure out how to do it, learn how to time it. It's not very difficult for an athletic person to grasp, especially someone like you who has a feel to relate it to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.