Release thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've really been working on more of an out-toss and lessening the pull/tug as per recent articles from Brian and Mike, which by the way, thanks a ton. I've really moved toward normal and have greatly lessened the pull and force against the shat I was applying with great results.

When I was really trying to get down the out toss, I kept thinking, I've heard something similar, maybe not exactly, and for some reason started thinking Jimmy Ballard. Anyway, read some of the old posts and saw this from someone who had a lesson from him.

Ballard lesson in the book!
first let me say that i got there and he was giving a lesson in front of about 10 people and all I could think was "oh no, an entourage". It turns out that the college player he was teaching brought the Minyan (a Jewish term for a group of 10 men).when they left Jimmy's wife came and video taped my swing from front, Dl and back. We then went into a teaching studio to watch the video. The walls were covered with pictures of stars of the game from their primes and not so primes. Jimmy goes over connection and firing the right side. We go over "elbows down" at address and left elbow down throughout the swing. We go outside and begining to hit balls and in between shots Jimmy regales me with stories of Hogan, Sam Byrd, George Knudson,Jim Colbert, Hal Sutton and many others. It was like we knew each other for years. He is truly a kind and warm man. He signed some books for me also.
as far as the instruction he loved the backswing that Brian and I worked on as well as "stepping down on the right foot" I would have to say that the method is very similar to NHA2.0. His instruction is very simple to understand and the only real difference, if you could call it that was that he believes the left arm needs to fold and not pull the club but rather go for a ride while the right side fires through and you keep your right hip high to end in a more level position.
thats my review for now.

Reading that last sentence, It appears Jimmy has been on to something for a long time. I'm really thankful for the work that Brian and Mike have put into the golf swing, and taking what others have maybe tried to get across, but improved it and backed it up with science. Also, while they have proven some golf theories wrong, they have also proved that others like Ballard, may have been on the right track.

Great Work guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.