Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I know where you are going with this D, but....have you considered the out of line condition of the left arm and club from the DTL perspective, the rapid downward un-cocking of the left and right wrists at varying rates, gamma rotation and left arm fall? Among other things?

Dariusz J.

I know where you are going with this D, but....have you considered the out of line condition of the left arm and club from the DTL perspective, the rapid downward cocking of the left and right wrists at varying rates, gamma rotation and left arm fall? Among other things?

Wanted to say something else...but the true answer is -- no. Provided you really know what I wanted to go with this. How much your clubface must gain loft (think -- slap-hinge) to be square in 3-D ? How both wrist should react to bring the optimal scenario into life ?

Cheers

Dariusz J.

Noone ?

Assumming the upper body goes targetwise during the downswing (which is obvious) -- what part of the clubhead loft should be compensated ? And what about wrists motion rhat can bring velocity themselves ? Why won't we concentrate on bringing true science here ?

Wrists are made to bring power and velocity. Whoever thinks otherwise is a kinetically uneducated person on a poor TGM level.

Cheers

Dariusz J.

I would definitely go with your thinking, Leo. I have been for quite some time studying Cotton's stuff and there is one pic that draw my attention:

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Cotton's commentary is as follows: "The right hand is moving faster than the left which is braking to allow the clubhead to catch up. This can be seen clearly by the extra blurriness of the right hand".

In the dark TGM times, I always wondered why there is no attention paid to the rear wrist action.

Cheers

Dariusz J.

Basically are you saying bend the left wrist straight back when the right wrist arches in the same plane???

Cotton doesn't say anything about this issue, but I guess flexion of the rear wrist does not occur in the same plane as flexion of the lead hand.

Cheers

"... This can be seen clearly by the extra blurriness ...".

LOL

not at your concept(s), it's just a funny statement.

Dariusz. If you are able you should check out Michael Jacobs "Swing Tips Every Golfer Must Forget" I would highly recommend it. I think you would appreciate his work.

I already knew that.

Something might've been lost in translation.

Check out Jacob's video if you can. I think you'd enjoy it.

I would definitely go with your thinking, Leo. I have been for quite some time studying Cotton's stuff and there is one pic that draw my attention:

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Cotton's commentary is as follows: "The right hand is moving faster than the left which is braking to allow the clubhead to catch up. This can be seen clearly by the extra blurriness of the right hand".

In the dark TGM times, I always wondered why there is no attention paid to the rear wrist action.

Cheers

What is most amazing about Cotton is how spot on much of his stuff was considering the era and lack of tech. His theories have influenced many including Jacobs and Hardy. I keep a rubber ball to squeeze on my desk and in my car because Henry Cotton said it was a good idea. Amazing power of observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.