Revisiting wedding ring up

Status
Not open for further replies.
The release thread has definitely interested me but my ball striking is unquestionably better when I go to wedding ring up. I love wedding ring up because it insures that I don't flip ever. Are there any limitations to this release? Any one have any comments on this type of release?

hp12c

New
The release thread has definitely interested me but my ball striking is unquestionably better when I go to wedding ring up. I love wedding ring up because it insures that I don't flip ever. Are there any limitations to this release? Any one have any comments on this type of release?

I also like wedding ring up. I read the new release thread and experimented with what was discussed I also purchased the new release video to further help in the execution of it. But I started to strike the ball worse so untill I can visit with Bman and trackman Im sticking with what I learned from NSA and get back see ball hit ball to target and no more thoughts about my golf swing/stroke and play golf.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
"Wedding Ring Up," a full roll flat left wrist release is a perfect way for many people to play their best golf.

And it always will be.

But, it is just A way.

Is there a reason why very few, if any, tour pros go to wedding ring up? I've seen the pic of bubba from a thread before and a couple of photos of els and mickelson that are close and I know rocca is the poster boy but are there any other players that get to this position?

bubbarollrighty.jpg

From a post Brian made in 2006 titled "I thought if you did this you'd hook every shot..."

"No you won't.

Els doesn't.

Lee doesn't.

I don't.

Tom Bartlett don't.

Mike Finney don't.

and Ben Doyle FADED 27 consectutive different drivers DOING THIS on demo day at the show (until he hit a Ping G5 12° with a prolauch 65R, DEAD STRAIGHT).

Oh yeah, Bubba don't."

Wedding ring up has single handedly changed my game and I have never been a slicer. It forces me to do it right at impact. I was debating whether to purchase NSA 2 because i never sliced but after seeing how good the soft draw pattern was I figured I should just get all of Brian's material. There is no video out there that will fix the average golfer faster or better

Like many people I assumed that if you got to wedding ring up you would hook it off the planet but using the search feature I found old posts by Brian that allowed me to hit the best shots I ever have.

Since this site has given me so much I have compiled a list of posts(by Brian) and thoughts regarding wedding ring up.

Here are some of those posts (regarding wedding ring up and hooking):

- You hook it becuase you "Leakage hook" it.
Get your hands farther forward at impact, your hips farther forward at imapct, & your hips more open at impact.

- You simply need to swing more LEFT and have the face more OPEN.

- make sure you have a Manzella neutral grip

Here are some posts about wedding ring up in general:

- The left elbow can thwart it all.

If it doesn't rotate, the rest will have hit a roadbock.

Feel like the elbow "pit" is always visable by you, and the elbow "point" is always rotating toward your left rib cage first, and then the ground.

- As for the Wedding Ring Up POSITION:

It IS very easy to do if you hit it with a slightly arched wrist and have axis tilt.

- Can you swivel too much?

For funzies, let's say that the "Swivel" is a flat left wristed full roll of the left arm and wrist to "wedding ring up."

Now....can you do that too much?

To start with, some folks have too strong a grip for that kind of swivel, and shouldn't use it.

Or it just doesn't suit their pattern.

But....

I can fade it doing it.

So....

If you are hooking-pulling-leftshoting, and you want to full roll swivel, you need more:

1. Left path

2. Axis tilt WITH open shoulders & hips

3. Forward hands

4. Open face

Here is a pic that explains wedding ring up to any people new to the forum or anyone that has been living under a rock on this forum.

octpic8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.