Right Elbow

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more bent the right elbow at impact the stronger the shot; swinging, hitting or both? Can the right forearm be on plane if the right elbow is not bent?

Burner

New
quote:Originally posted by drewitgolf

The more bent the right elbow at impact the stronger the shot; swinging, hitting or both? Can the right forearm be on plane if the right elbow is not bent?
See Brian's logo at the top of the page. The right arm should always be slightly bent (not fully straightened out) until post impact. The degree of bend would depend, largely, on the low point of the swing arc and the in line condition (straightness) of the left arm at impact.

hue

New

Can the right forearm be on plane if the right elbow is not bent?
You would have to set up with the trail arm straight and in plane with the shaft and make a big putt type motion. It would be more of a slap than a swing with no extensor action.

hue

New

The more bent the right elbow at impact the stronger the shot; swinging, hitting or both
Brian What are your thoughts on this . I know you like lots of axis tilt and this leads to a lower trail shoulder at impact but I would have thought the degree of extensor thrust is a product of the amount of force applied by extensor action rather than the degree of right arm bend at impact. Providing that the right arm is straightening and has not run out of right arm bend just past impact I can not see why having more arm bend by it self will mean more thrust.

Status
Not open for further replies.