Right index finger, "pressure point"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Just got back from the range, still working at that tumble thread and its many nuggets..

Anyway, I noticed something: when I try and lay the club off in the downswing (with a closed counterfall, or at least what I feel as such) I feel a big increase in pressure on the right index finger.
This is, I think, in part to the club tipping backwards and also to the resistance of the flat left wrist established at the top of the backswing..

Looking at Sergio's swing his left wrist is flat at the top, but appears to be cupped towards the end of this closed counterfall, and then goes flat/bowed again into impact. I seem to remember conversations about Hogan doing the same..?
Anyway, this is incidental since I can't see how it could NOT be cupped in that motion - but to me, trying to keep it flat during this time (a la Twistaway) provides some resistance further building pressure on the right trigger finger.

Could this feel have been mistaken for all the lag stuff we hear, and feeling 'lag pressure' on PP#3?

In closing, this video came to mind (from about 3:44 onwards):

Anyone got anything to add, similar experience, etc?

Or am I just late to this particular party? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.