Right or left hip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I`m wondering how many of you start your swing with your left side or right side,hip or shoulder or somthing else. I`m using right hip turn away and its easy and works good till i start my downswing, When I slide forward I slide too much and cant get my club head back to the ball, I tried differnt down swings and cant seem to find one that works for me, all of the time. If I start my downswing with my left hip (turning left) it works some of the time. I tried using my belly button and I pull iT. I `m so insicure about my downswing I switch every day ,its driving me crazy. Is it alright to sart down with your right side,I tried left shouder turning left I cant time it right...anyone ??...joe

as you know

I have zero knowledge about the swing......so i will make something up

if you are sliding to much, try this.........................keep your right shoulder back as you begin the downswing.

like i said i have no knowledge.....i just made that up

hj

joe,

I have had a lot of good results from simply trying to raise the right heel at the top (while your weight is on it)...this causes a natural weight shift to the left side without overdoing it (AS LONG AS YOU MAKE SURE YOUR SWING CENTER DOESN'T ALSO GO LEFT, ie. stay behind it).....then just hit it....HARD...:D.

Its a Hogan thing...

Simply intend to screw your right foot clockwise all the way through the swing...The center of rotation is the ball of the right foot.....you don't actually turn the foot but just maintain the pressure....this supposedly has the reaction of turning the hips left on the downswing....

Puttmad, I tried lifting my r,heel, it makes me lift my body up.tried left shoulder back(I pull the ball) I tried belly button turn I pull the ball. Is hitting with the r.hip wrong? When I try using just an arm swing I fade which is my natural swing but dont get distance .Pulling with my left hip works great when it`s timed right. I know I sound like a pain in the arse but I have to get the proper down swing. What would be my best way to start working on....joe

Sorry joe, I should have clarified,
:

As you try to raise your right heel, you should bend the right knee to shorten the right side...AND MAInTAIN THE POSITION OF YOUR SWING CENTER, both from the ground and its "fixed in space" position laterally........the weight then has no choice but to slide to the left

Try this exercise at reduced speed...
Get to the top and weight on right foot.......lock the position of your arms to your shoulders.....fix your swing center position......Now try and raise your right heel, with the knee bending..
You should now find that your lower body shifts left, with your hips starting to open....and if you maintain your swing center position, you will have naturally shortened your right side, which in turn tilts your shoulders and brings your arms/hands down to waist height, without changing the arm/shoulderline relationship....

That is the initial correct action, from then on it is just a case of, keep pivoting and releasing at the bottom (-ish).....

Sorry joe, I should have clarified,
:

As you try to raise your right heel, you should bend the right knee to shorten the right side...AND MAInTAIN THE POSITION OF YOUR SWING CENTER, both from the ground and its "fixed in space" position laterally........the weight then has no choice but to slide to the left

Try this exercise at reduced speed...
Get to the top and weight on right foot.......lock the position of your arms to your shoulders.....fix your swing center position......Now try and raise your right heel, with the knee bending..
You should now find that your lower body shifts left, with your hips starting to open....and if you maintain your swing center position, you will have naturally shortened your right side, which in turn tilts your shoulders and brings your arms/hands down to waist height, without changing the arm/shoulderline relationship....

That is the initial correct action, from then on it is just a case of, keep pivoting and releasing at the bottom (-ish).....

won't the knee kick towards teh ball instead of the target? and when you do that your club head has no space on the downswing because your right knee is in the way which opens the club face??

won't the knee kick towards teh ball instead of the target? and when you do that your club head has no space on the downswing because your right knee is in the way which opens the club face??

If you find that, your hands are too close to your body at address.....your right knee should be able to kick to the left at address without catching the clubshaft...

Status
Not open for further replies.