Right palm points where at top for Hitters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holenone or anyone----- If I am hitting and I go to the top is it alright for my rt. palm to be square to the arc (aiming away from target) or should it have been turned to be flat on the inclined plane.
I am having success teaching Brians twist away concept(Never Slice Again Article)
A tennis pro's rt. palm points down (This may not be relevant.)

Denny, I add the question of whether the concept of "left thumb supporting the shaft" is consistent with the "twist away". I always thought of the twist away as purely a drill to cure slicing. Is it acceptable as standard procedure- arched left wrist instead of flat?

Arch

holenone

Banned
quote:Originally posted by denny.

Holenone or anyone----- If I am hitting and I go to the top is it alright for my rt. palm to be square to the arc (aiming away from target) or should it have been turned to be flat on the inclined plane.

Denny,

This is a seemingly simple question. However, its 'not so simple' answer can vary depending on the Grip Type (10-2), Stroke Variation (10-4), Plane Angle (10-6), and Left Wrist Action (10-18).

So that I can provide a correct and complete answer your question, please specify those Component Variations. Also, please confirm that by "square to the arc" you mean that the Right Wrist remains Vertical (or perpendicular) to the face of the Plane.

holenone

Banned
quote:Originally posted by holenone

quote:Originally posted by denny.

Denny,

This is a seemingly simple question. However, its 'not so simple' answer can vary depending on the Grip Type (10-2), Stroke Variation (10-4), Plane Angle (10-6), and Left Wrist Action (10-18).

So that I can answer your question, please specify those Component Variations. Also, please confirm that by "square to the arc" you mean that the Right Wrist remains Vertical (or perpendicular) to the face of the Plane.

Brian Manzella,

I hit the wrong button on this one. Please remove this 'no reply' post. Thanks.

This was a tough "move" to do correctly when we were learning to "hit" at the workshop. Tough because flat and vertical to the face of the plane incorporates a non-movement and nothing is tougher then not moving something. :). Swingers we know, rotated pp3 under the shaft and we all felt more comfortable doing that. Even the bending backward of the right wrist is not premeditated when the 'feel' is right. Up and away from ball, then back, down and through into the ball.

Yoda, Isn't the sweetspot line considered to be from pp3 to the ball? .. [?]

cdog

New
So, the rear wrist being bent back, verticle to the incline plane, at the top, would be like a cop with his hand up signaling STOP to an oncomming car?

dude

New
quote:Originally posted by cdog

So, the rear wrist being bent back, verticle to the incline plane, at the top, would be like a cop with his hand up signaling STOP to an oncomming car?

I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth so help me.......

quote:Originally posted by dude

Originally posted by cdog

Witch direction is the car coming? Straight on----- or from the right?

cdog

New
Denny, sorry bout that, once i reread what i wrote then saw Randy's post, that same thought hit me.
The car would be approaching the cop from the side. If the cop is facing 12 oclock, his back is at 6, the the car would be approaching either 3 or 9 depending if he's left handed or right.

Status
Not open for further replies.