Right shoulder downplane

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time I sent you some swings, you told me that my right shoulder stayed too high and too far back, and I needed to get it down and forward. One idea you told me was for my shoulders to retrace their path at the start of the move down, until approx. when my left arm is parallel to the ground...from there, I need to feel I get my right shoulder over my left heel.

I hit some balls and took some new video trying to do this, and although it felt different, on film it was really hard to see any change at all.

If I start down trying to get the right shoulder forward and down, I tilt too early and come underplane...however, if I wait a bit and retrace the path of my shoulders first, I don't have enough time to get the right shoulder down and forward enough.

I also filmed myself doing the "throw the ball" drill from your Youtube #8, and in that one my shoulder does go where it needs to...but I can't seem to translate this to a golf swing yet.

Any other thoughts or feels to get my right shoulder to the right place in the right sequence?

Status
Not open for further replies.