Right shoulder movement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone describe the correct or optimal movement of the right shoulder complex from address to follow through please?

Does the shoulder start "pulled in" by the right hand and arm, then pull back during the backswing, stat back during the downswing, and then get pulled forward as the arms sling past the body after impact?

Thank you

I don't know if it's correct or optimal, but I liken the right shoulder/arm movement to a side arm throw starting from the set up position, then pulling back and up as if you had a baseball in your hand all the way to the top of your normal backswing. From there JEREMY had a really good description:

Sounds good thats exactly what happens when I rotate my right arm in a clockwise fashion. The hands drop straight down with gravity and right wrist bends back then it slings through with the tumble. Feels like one motion.

The "rotate my right arm in a clockwise fashion" occurs with the right elbow going to the right hip(I like to the side of the right hip, some like to try to get it in front of it). Pretty simplified, but hope it helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.