Right shoulder

Status
Not open for further replies.
What position should my right shoulder be in coming into impact? Open or closed to the target? It seems I strike the ball much better when I try to hold my shoulder back coming into the ball. but sometimes the club passes my hands causing a thin shot.

Keep that Right Shoulder not only "back" but also "down" (On Plane), or you will "run out of Right Arm" before the Hands reach Impact Position--an automatic throwaway.

Ragman, just to be clearon ball flight: throwaway would be pushed right with some slice ????
quote:Originally posted by ragman

Keep that Right Shoulder not only "back" but also "down" (On Plane), or you will "run out of Right Arm" before the Hands reach Impact Position--an automatic throwaway.

Throwaway is prematurely releasing the wrist cock so that the clubhead is decelerating at or before impact.

Throwaway is prematurely releasing the wrist cock so that the clubhead is decelerating at or before impact.
Just the wrist cock, but not the wrist hinge? What would that be called?

Horizontal hinging
Vertical Hinging
Angled Hinging

Mutltiple Dual Hingings
I was reffering to pre-mature unhinging of the wrists? What does Kelley call it and where does he addresss it?

quote:I was reffering to pre-mature unhinging of the wrists? What does Kelley call it and where does he addresss it?
If you want to talk in TGM terms, cocking is solely an up and down motion.

Hinging is basically the clubhead/wrist motion through impact...

If the wrist cock is released earlier you simply have zeroed out your 2nd power accumulaotr, velocity power...loss of power...

If you have the book, check 6-D-0. Step Three - Power Storage
Throw Away.

I think this reference along with 7-19 Lag Loading and 2-P The Wristcock will give you some insight to Throw Away.

Regarding hinging, Wrist Position check out 4-0.

(EDITED) I left one out..4-D-1, thanks Bono...(/Edit)

I don't think you will find the description "Throwaway is prematurely releasing the wrist cock so that the clubhead is decelerating at or before impact." but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.