right shoulder

Status
Not open for further replies.
When "straight at the ball" should it be straight under down at the ball, it easy to go straight down at the ball and over the top resulted as the right shoulder is driving down to it and rotate easily out.

A good image or feel that has been working VERY well for me lately is to imagine at the end of my backswing that there is a rope tied from my left hand to my right shoulder. I pull my left hand down and since the rope is there, my right shoulder has to move down as well. I continue pulling down like I am trying to pull the grip right off of the club. Centrifugal force eventually throws the clubhead into the ball without me having to think about it.

Brian and Others:

I have often struggled with a bit of Over the Top. One 'feel' that usually kept me on track was the following...

At the top, I feel as though I do a right-shoulder shrug (like a weight lifter). As I am doing my shrug, I am also starting to direct the thrust at the inside aft of the ball. When I first had this feel, it felt like my right shoulder was moving about a foot...upon looking in a mirror, its only a few inches at most.

FL-John

EdZ

New
quote:Originally posted by mgjordan

A good image or feel that has been working VERY well for me lately is to imagine at the end of my backswing that there is a rope tied from my left hand to my right shoulder. I pull my left hand down and since the rope is there, my right shoulder has to move down as well. I continue pulling down like I am trying to pull the grip right off of the club. Centrifugal force eventually throws the clubhead into the ball without me having to think about it.

Yep, that's a great feel/image to use... your hands and shoulder move at the same rate starting down

Status
Not open for further replies.