Right Wrist Release vs FATS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is releasing the "bent right wrist" applying "FATS"? If the release of the angle in the wrist begins at approx. when the hands are approaching (or just at) low point of the hands is that an application of FATS too late in the swing? Or should the release of the angle be "passive" (caused by the momentum of the club) instead of "active" (use of muscles)?

Thanks - Bruce

Bruce,

I believe it's considered an active release. Where exactly it has to occur is probably player dependent and a function of hand/wrist speed and strength.

hp12c

New
Is releasing the "bent right wrist" applying "FATS"? If the release of the angle in the wrist begins at approx. when the hands are approaching (or just at) low point of the hands is that an application of FATS too late in the swing? Or should the release of the angle be "passive" (caused by the momentum of the club) instead of "active" (use of muscles)?

Thanks - Bruce

Just my 2 cents worth, I wasted a lot of time trying to just let the release happen which for me produced a slappy sounding hit on the ball, when I came across this place and read abouts fats, many other concepts and purchased some videos did my swing change, slappy sounding hit no more, unless I want to. So for me I dont let anything happen I make it happen, by torquing on the handle.

If you would just go to your backswing, pratice the release without any body movement just your hands, you would probably find hands inside club outside.

then do it with your pivot. some of us pivot a little bit faster the hands tend to lag behind to catch up. just practice syncing up the process.

THe body is there to support the arms and hands not the other way around.

Bump

Thanks - Bruce

Brian,

Didn't know if you missed Bruce's question. I always enjoy his posts--questions and answers--good stuff. He's one of the best on here.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.