Rob Neal at ASII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amongst many things shared at ASII, I found what Rob Neal said about the "pivot sequence" on the downswing particularly interesting. Paraphrasing what he said: "If a golfer is strong enough in the back and posterior shoulder, a move (mimicing a tug/pivot like crazy) from the top is IDEAL.

Would it be fair to say that if a player doesn't have a overly Rightward path on TM / Flightscope and that player also tugs and pivots like crazy, that a more slack feel wouldn't be an UPGRADE ?

Is it feasable? How strong are we talking? Any examples of tour players who are doing it successfully?

I can't say this with total certainty, but, I feel like most guys on tour have above average strength in their "posterior chains" (musculature in the backsides of their bodies). Therefore they are capable of accelerating the arms off their torso during the later stages of the downswing, not getting in trouble for a more aggressive change of direction from the top. I think "ideas on the new release" amongst other contributions from Brian and company are so effective because they offer a more feasible way for non tour players to manage their path and lineup with their less than ideal strength profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.