Rory Sabbatini situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ej20

New
Apparently,if it wasn't for O'Hair's father in law(who was carying Sean's bag) getting in the way,the argument would have ended up in a fist fight.It was that serious.

Quite clearly,Sabbatini has severe anger management issues.It's got nothing to do with being a prick,which probably a lot of people on tour are.

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
I like Sabbatini. I followed him around at a tournament once and he was very friendly with spectators.

He is wound fairly tight though, so I can't really say if he was just having a good day or what. I would imagine with him, that once everything is out in the open, it's done. The kind of guy that would fight with you one minute and buy you a beer the next.

What a copout that the tour does not publicize discipline. The best way to stop bad behaviour is to let everyone know about it. There have always been players like Rory Sabbatini. I watched Bobby Wadkins berate Clarence Rose and Larry Mize for not knowing whose turn it was to hit at the Kemper Open years ago. Like Tommy Bolt said after a spectator complained about him breaking wind after a tee shot, "geez, they are taking all the color out of the game".

I have a lot respect and gratitude for a non U.S. citizen who supports the U.S. military like he does. Not to mention his financial support for the families of those troops who've given the ultimate sacrifice. Doesn't excuse poor behavior by any means, but it is worth weighing in the discussion.

As a side note... I've had the unfortunate opportunity to follow a friend playing in O'hair's group at the PGA Champ. His slow play and nauseating swing rehearsals could definitely raise the blood pressure of the easiest of going guys. Not sure what kind of a girl like tickle fight these two would have mustered up, but I'm pretty confident that a "fist fight" would not have been a proper description of the shirt wrinkling contest between these two light weights.

Have you ever seen a fist fight when one of the "fighters" has to rehearse a punch 5 times before he throws it?

Hide their white belts for two months - that will teach 'em!

Last edited:

oldpro

New
I have a lot respect and gratitude for a non U.S. citizen who supports the U.S. military like he does. Not to mention his financial support for the families of those troops who've given the ultimate sacrifice. Doesn't excuse poor behavior by any means, but it is worth weighing in the discussion.

As a side note... I've had the unfortunate opportunity to follow a friend playing in O'hair's group at the PGA Champ. His slow play and nauseating swing rehearsals could definitely raise the blood pressure of the easiest of going guys. Not sure what kind of a girl like tickle fight these two would have mustered up, but I'm pretty confident that a "fist fight" would not have been a proper description of the shirt wrinkling contest between these two light weights.

Have you ever seen a fist fight when one of the "fighters" has to rehearse a punch 5 times before he throws it?

Hide their white belts for two months - that will teach 'em!

Great post as usual. Slow players like O'Hair got on my nerves also and it's almost impossible to zip your lip and not let'em know what a pain in the azz they are.

Sabbatini is a fiery guy who's had a couple on-course incidents that he probably regrets. I think golf fans can be pretty superficial. I think they don't like him, for the same reasons they didn't like Colin Montgomery or Scott Hoch. They are judging them by their facial expressions. By the way, if more players complained about slow play the way Rory has, maybe the Tour would have done something about it by now.

Sounds like a lot of the whining tOSU fans while discussing Senator Cheaterpants McSweatervest......... he visits orphans and he entertains the troops in Iraq and and and.......

Full disclosure I'm an OSU grad.

I understand how the talk of punches being thrown would cause you to instantly think of an OSU football coach, but Sabbatini and Tressel don’t really have relatable circumstances. I don’t believe anyone was/is making excuses for Sabbatini so he can keep his job.

I understand how the talk of punches being thrown would cause you to instantly think of an OSU football coach, but Sabbatini and Tressel don’t really have relatable circumstances. I don’t believe anyone was/is making excuses for Sabbatini so he can keep his job.

Well, it is the same in a way. Playing the mitigating circumstances card usually ends up looking bad. We should all be charitable. We should all support members of the military. That has nothing to do with the fact that every time there is some incident on tour it's either Sabbatini or John Daly. John Wayne Gacy did lots of charity work to.

Full disclosure, I HATE the excuse makers here in Columbus.

We all should, but we all don't. And an even smaller minority of non citizens who do. I have respect for those who do - period - nothing mitigating about it.

Wait what? Gacy and Daly? You can't think of another player who's had fare more fines for on course "incidents" than Sabbatini? How 'bout anyone who's also led a similarly wreckless/addictive life off the course, as has Daly? One name sure does pop into my mind who fits that bill better than Sabbatini. (Hint: think hoes, hydrants, and hissy fits)

All I know is this:

If there's really a connection between the used cars and the Buckeyes, it's gonna be hard to keep Tressel. Very interesting why Pryor's mother and brother would buy a car in OH. Please tell me they moved from PA to OH...

We all should, but we all don't. And an even smaller minority of non citizens who do. I have respect for those who do - period - nothing mitigating about it.

Wait what? Gacy and Daly? You can't think of another player who's had fare more fines for on course "incidents" than Sabbatini? How 'bout anyone who's also led a similarly wreckless/addictive life off the course, as has Daly? One name sure does pop into my mind who fits that bill better than Sabbatini. (Hint: think hoes, hydrants, and hissy fits)

I know that not everyone does these things. I only point it out because it means more to me than most.

Daly, while we will never know for certain, has most likely had more fines than Sabbatini......and been far more destructive than Eldrick. Not saying that what Eldrick did wasn't pathetic. At least "the original Gandhi" hasn't been arrested.

I only threw Gacy into the conversation to point out that there "could" have been extenuating circumstances in his case too. He was charitable and volunteered his time in the community. Of course.....there was that "other" side of his personality.

If the NCAA starts looking into who buys cars where, there won't be any college football next season.:eek:

I agree with this. I am a PROUD graduate of THE Ohio State University. That being said, I am completely embarrassed by this situation and the fact that the university president not only didn't fire Tressel but joked that he hoped Tressel didn't fire him. Words cannot describe my anger and frustration over the situation.

For those of you who don't already know this, Tressel had some NCAA run-ins at Youngstown State in addition to his 4 national championships. Google "Jim Tressel Ray Isaac" for more info.

All I know is this:

If there's really a connection between the used cars and the Buckeyes, it's gonna be hard to keep Tressel. Very interesting why Pryor's mother and brother would buy a car in OH. Please tell me they moved from PA to OH...

Threadjack.......

Did you hear that Pryor "test drove" an SUV all the way back to Jeanette PA. one weekend? His parents needed to take it to a mechanic before TPeezy could "buy" it. Because there are no mechanics in Ohio.

.......over.

Last edited:
Rory shoots goes for the early takedown, O'Hairs sprawl isn't good enough to keep him off of him, some weak punches to the back of the head. Rory quickly takes the mount and grounds and pounds O'Hair until the ref stops it.

Foley berides them both about peace and love and gives them some Dali Lama quotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.