SAD Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyt

New
I have been putting it off for over 5 years, but I am finally going to have it done. Tomorrow I go under the knife and having a total right knee replacement.

I have been hanging around this site for over a year now and what makes this surgery harder is that I am playing some of the best golf of my life. Thanks totally to Brian and members of his acedemy and forum members.

I will probably have to be away from golf for 5-6 months. So Brian keep the posts and videos coming because thats all I will have. The good news is I am only 50 so I hope my recovery and rehab will be faster than normally antcipated. Also good news I hope to be pain free very soon and that is something I have not experienced in years.

Thanks again all and please keep the posts a coming.

Jim:(

Sorry to hear that. Not sure what I would do without golf. Probably fish.

Good luck with your recovery.

PS Did the bad knee come from golf???

jimmyt

New
No...blew my ACL 30 years ago playing baseball.... At that time surgery was not advised...Over 30 years just kept getting worse where any kind of running stopped about 10 years ago. Believe it or not but the actual golf swing does not hurt my knee its the walking to and from the cart and up and down to various tee boxes etc...

I don't know what I am going to do about golf...Not quite the fising type...

Thanks

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Take heart though, my playing partner of some 10 years underwent the same surgery about 4 years ago and he has fully recovered to where he has no ill effects whatsoever. In fact, he said that he wished that he had underwent the surgery sooner than he did so as to avoid the pain and discomfort that he had endured prior to the operation. His doctor did advise him though to not be surprised if he didn't need replacement surgery on the other knee due to the same debilitating condition developing due to the replacement being stronger and putting additional stress on his natural knee. However, so far so good.

I have been putting it off for over 5 years, but I am finally going to have it done. Tomorrow I go under the knife and having a total right knee replacement.

I have been hanging around this site for over a year now and what makes this surgery harder is that I am playing some of the best golf of my life. Thanks totally to Brian and members of his acedemy and forum members.

I will probably have to be away from golf for 5-6 months. So Brian keep the posts and videos coming because thats all I will have. The good news is I am only 50 so I hope my recovery and rehab will be faster than normally antcipated. Also good news I hope to be pain free very soon and that is something I have not experienced in years.

Thanks again all and please keep the posts a coming.

Jim:(

Take heart....we have a guy who is in his late 50's (a good player) who had TWO full knee replacements last November. I mean AT THE SAME TIME!!!! By January/February he was back on the course. He was hitting a bunch of hybrids from 150 or so, but he was back out swinging. He's playing as good as ever now.

Good luck.

Robbo

Wow good luck buddy.

I also know a guy who just had 2 done. And ya- this guy recovered pretty fast too. (and he's gotta be in his early 60s) He says he feels great and considering how well it went he said he waited way too damn long to get it done. He's not limping anymore at all (his knees were pretty bad before, of course) and you wouldn't know he had it done unless he told you.

Last edited:
Take heart, Jimmyt

I am 74 years young and had total knee replacement on my right knee on January 6, 2008. I had a torn ACL from high school football (55 years ago) and severe osteoarthritis. My surgery and rehab went extremely well.

My son and I spent seven weeks in St. Andrews, Scotland, from June 12 till August 2--and I played over forty rounds of golf--walking every round and carrying my clubs about half the time. My surgical knee did great!! No pain and complete flexibility and strength. My left knee is a different story--a lot of pain and lack of strength. So I am scheduled for total replacement on October 6 (again osteoarthritis).

Jimmy, the keys are a very competent and experienced surgeon who has a great track record with knee replacements--some do hips much more successfully than knees. And the better shape and condition you are in going into surgery, the better the outcome. I worked out three times a week for months prior to surgery.

I wish you the very best. Get in good shape and do your rehab religiously--and you will be back on the links in better shape.

Jinx Hoover
jinxgloria@att.net

Status
Not open for further replies.