Sad passing of a fellow AI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
Originally from Missouri, Douglas Perry G.S.E.M. was part of the pre Joe Daniels authorized Instructors. He studied under Ben Doyle & Gregg McHatton playing on minor tours after attending USC Santa Barbara with his great friend Bobby Schaeffer.

He moved to Germany to teach G.O.L.F. and finished up teaching in Munich at Rhime Golf Club.

Doug was open minded, always researching and learning from varied sources, highly intelligent mensa IQ golf pro and a real gentleman as well. He shared the values of golf that those who truly love the game all share.

Doug passed away a couple of days ago after a long illness, all of those who knew Doug will be sadened by his passing.

Bobby Schaeffer is planning to put together some type of award in memory of our great friend and fellow machiner.

'Sustain the lag in that golf course in the sky old friend'.

quote:Originally posted by FOUR BARRELS AUSTRALIAN

Originally from Missouri, Douglas Perry G.S.E.M. was part of the pre Joe Daniels authorized Instructors. He studied under Ben Doyle & Gregg McHatton playing on minor tours after attending USC Santa Barbara with his great friend Bobby Schaeffer.

He moved to Germany to teach G.O.L.F. and finished up teaching in Munich at Rhime Golf Club.

Doug was open minded, always researching and learning from varied sources, highly intelligent mensa IQ golf pro and a real gentleman as well. He shared the values of golf that those who truly love the game all share.

Doug passed away a couple of days ago after a long illness, all of those who knew Doug will be sadened by his passing.

Bobby Schaeffer is planning to put together some type of award in memory of our great friend and fellow machiner.

'Sustain the lag in that golf course in the sky old friend'.

So sorry to hear a fellow TGM'er has past away. I never knew him but please pass my condolences if you can for me. Let me know if I can help in anyway with the award.

In the spirit of Brian's New Orleans- any good stories about Douglas Perry you can pass along?

I also knew Doug quite well from UCSB. He graduated a year before I started but was always around Sandpiper. We called him Perrier and the Human Hinge and the Mechanical Man. He was a very sweet and bright guy and would do the NY Times crossword every Sunday morning in the Coffee Shop at the Pipe. He was really way too bright to be a golf pro (his parents were both professors), but he loved golf so much and he loved the Golfing Machine just as much.
Doug married a fantastic German woman, Alexandra and lived in the Munich area.
Bobby and I will organize a Doug Perry Golf Scholarship for UCSB. We are hoping to raise 18000 per year which is one full ride for a deserving student/athlete.
Thanks for any other good ideas to help us reach our goal in Doug's name.

Status
Not open for further replies.