Sanyo HD Camera Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian -

Sanyo has now come out with a updated version of the HD camera that will do 1080i at 60 fps. $220 more than the model you have that does 720p at 30 fps.

Any advantage to going to the 60 fps?

Thanks,

Bruce

Thanks Brian - hoping I can see my self clear to purchase one in the next couple of weeks.

Over to the UK next week for business - no time for golf unfortunately.

Bruce

FYI

I prefer digital camera than heavy camcorder, new sony camera has 30-60 fps with 3.5" screen, direct frame by frame slomo.

Hi Burner - had not thought about that. If I can find the camera in a duty free shop, I will pick it up. Best price so far on Amazon for the newer model is about $725 USD.

What part of the UK are you in. I am flying into Manchester and have business meetings all day Mon, Tues, Wed in Tamworth (near Birmingham). Flying back on Thurs.

Bruce

Bruce,

Been doing some reading on this unit. As Brian said, it's an improvement all around,,,,

except for portability. Definitely bigger and no longer a "carry in your pocket" device. Maybe good for coat pocket.

Still seems to be spotty input on a good software program that handles HD format.

Burner

New
Hi Burner - had not thought about that. If I can find the camera in a duty free shop, I will pick it up. Best price so far on Amazon for the newer model is about $725 USD.

What part of the UK are you in. I am flying into Manchester and have business meetings all day Mon, Tues, Wed in Tamworth (near Birmingham). Flying back on Thurs.

Bruce
Hi Bruce,

I am about 100 miles south east of Tamworth,which is a good couple of hours drive depending on favourable road conditions and would involve using one of our first Toll roads in making that journey.

Giving someone more cash to drive my already heavily taxed car, using extortionately taxed gas, on roads that I have spent all my life paying for is anathema.

Enjoy your trip. It would have been good to make your acquaintance.

Priced out the 720p version in the duty free store at the airport in Manchester - 330 Sterling - approx $660 in USD.

Better price at Amazon.

Bruce

I don't think the 720p version has the 60FPS. Not sure if that really matters or not, but I think it would make the slowdown of the swings look alot smoother...

Status
Not open for further replies.