SANYO Xacti HD1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone got one of these and if so can you tell me what shutter speed is i can't seem to find it recorded anywhere.

Also does it work with V1 software.

Many Thanks

Burner

New
Anyone got one of these and if so can you tell me what shutter speed is i can't seem to find it recorded anywhere.

Also does it work with V1 software.

Many Thanks

The HD1000 is a mixed bag in terms of features. It does have mini-jacks for an external microphone and headphones, but a pop-up flash resides where you might expect an accessory shoe to be. Focusing can be performed only via the menu joystick, not a lens ring, but manual control options include seven programme auto-exposure modes. You can also choose between aperture priority, shutter priority, or independent adjustment of both. The aperture range is a respectable F1.8 to F8, but the shutter speed just 1/2 to 1/500.

See here

Don't know anything about V1 though.

Last edited:
Cheers Ian,
After reading that i bought a samsung d371 on Ebay for £80 brand new that has wait for it 10,000/1 shutter speed. Why they can't do that with the Sanyo i don't know.

daz

New
Why shutter speed

Why the concern over shutter speed.?

If youre videoing golf swings or fast motion its the frames per second that count and the HD1000 is the first affordable camera to do 60fps. You may have 1/10000 shutter speed but you have still only got 25 frames per second with UK PAL to capture the swing (30 frames per second with a US NTSC camera). This is why you might miss the impact frame and out friends in the US capture it.

Having said all of this the shutter speed you have quoted is for still images with the camera mode. The HD1000 does 1/10000 for video.

http://www.sanyo-dsc.com/english/products/vpc_hd1000/spec/index.html

I still dont know what swing analysis software can handle this yet though which is why Ive yet to buy one. Its on my list though.

Thanks for that made it clearer now. My friend has the HD1000 but obviously has not set it up correctly as the swing is a blur at the moment. I noticed also that in still mode it says 8 M, 3264 X 2448 surely they should advertise this model as being capable of 8 Megapixel stills instead of the 4 that is advertised.

Status
Not open for further replies.