SD backswing +NHA downswing= the King?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching golf channel last night, they analyzed a swing of Arnold Palmer from late 50's early 60's. Backswing was very soft draw like, with the exception of the cupped left wrist at the top. The downswing really got my attention, Palmer carries the power package to allow the arms to swing left of target. Watched NHA2 again and realized that the carry of the arms hands and clubs is what really allows the club to go left after impact. I always tried to swing left, it really is the carry that allows the arms to swing left after impact. Major light bulb going off. Interestingly, Palmer was a lot more upright then. He was not as flat as the older Arnie swing. Is his swing ultimately SD with twistaway, and a NHA downswing?

What's the difference between a "cupped" left wrist and a "soft" left wrist. I was thinking they were the same. If so, Brian recommends a "soft" left wrist in SD.

Arnie had somewhat of an arch at the top in the left wrist. I think of soft as somewhat cupped. I like the image of the left wrist under the club at the top, that works better than soft or cupped for me. That and the left thumb under the shaft are good keys for my backswing.

Status
Not open for further replies.