Secret Research Mission

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SteveT

Hey bax .... Mine would be entitled "Project 1.72" ... because I still play with Top Flite Magna balls that have a 2% larger diameter and aerodynamically designed to reduce hooks and slices ...!!!

Project 1.72 beats 1.68 anytime ...:D

Hey bax .... Mine would be entitled "Project 1.72" ... because I still play with Top Flite Magna balls that have a 2% larger diameter and aerodynamically designed to reduce hooks and slices ...!!!

Steve , still somewhat lost on the lever , fulcrum stuff of kelley, hoping you could clear it up and bear in mind i'm no engineer

Forget about TGM ... it's obsolete scientifically ...!!!

Please forgive me for bringing up an old thread and I'm seriously not trying to troll.......does this mean I need to forget everything I've learned in the last 2 months? I'm very new to online golf forums and online golf instruction and I just discovered TGM about 2 months ago and have been pretty happy with the improvements I've made (all on my own BTW).

What I gather is that there are many good concepts in TGM but Homer's ideas about what happens at impact were wrong, some of his ideas about levers etc. were not correct either, and that internet discussions quickly turn into pi$$ing matches. Can someone fill me in? Like I said I just stumbled on this stuff and want to learn more. :)

footwedge

Please forgive me for bringing up an old thread and I'm seriously not trying to troll.......does this mean I need to forget everything I've learned in the last 2 months? I'm very new to online golf forums and online golf instruction and I just discovered TGM about 2 months ago and have been pretty happy with the improvements I've made (all on my own BTW).

What I gather is that there are many good concepts in TGM but Homer's ideas about what happens at impact were wrong, some of his ideas about levers etc. were not correct either, and that internet discussions quickly turn into pi$$ing matches. Can someone fill me in? Like I said I just stumbled on this stuff and want to learn more. :)

:eek: :D ;)

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator

Whoa, that could take awhile! Just start doing searches and you'll get whatever info you are looking for most likely

Brian Manzella

Administrator
The odds are....

A simple explanation of why we have moved on from TGM is here.

The "pissing" matches always occur for the same reason—we are open minded and have a team of world-class scientists we are learning from.

Welcome to the site.

Lindsey Newman is from Columbus as well.

Paula Creamer has a swing that suits her, the only way it's one of the best is it's among swings that suit a player who can make it work for them, regardless of how it "looks". It's at this point in time the best swing for her. JMO.

Here here...

A simple explanation of why we have moved on from TGM is here.

The "pissing" matches always occur for the same reason—we are open minded and have a team of world-class scientists we are learning from.

Welcome to the site.

Lindsey Newman is from Columbus as well.

Thanks Brian :)
This is why I like your site, the give and take here is pretty good but sometimes the attitude of some people is a little much (not your attitude though), hope no offense was taken. Like I said, I'm new to online golf stuff. I've played this crazy game since I was 10 (I'm 33 now) and I'm just trying to get better and I want the best info available.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Thanks Brian :)
This is why I like your site, the give and take here is pretty good but sometimes the attitude of some people is a little much (not your attitude though), hope no offense was taken. Like I said, I'm new to online golf stuff. I've played this crazy game since I was 10 (I'm 33 now) and I'm just trying to get better and I want the best info available.

Well...

This is THE place for the best information in the game.

Why here?

Everyone else is either:

1. pushing a method based on faulty or incomplete science
2. not doing serious research
3. not smart enough, experienced enough, or both, to take the research and make sense out of it.

Stay tuned.

Actually a funny post. (yes I do realize you're joking!)

Status
Not open for further replies.