Shaft lean technique???

Status
Not open for further replies.
On iron shots at address with the club properly soled and mid-body hands the shaft will have a certain vertical attitude. Is there a proper amount of change in this attitude, or forward ‘lean’ of the shaft, to strive for at impact? If so what is the best way to measure it? It seems to me that the club top-line really starts to move forward (towards vertical) with even the slightest forward lean of the shaft. Would appreciate some guidance on this. My shot trajectory suggests I am way over-cooking the lean.

Help appreciated:)

You may just be hooding your club at impact. I would suggest reading up on "aiming point" and focus on having your hands over your left toe at impact. A good training aid for this is called The Tour Striker. It's a golf club the instills forward lean.

You may just be hooding your club at impact. I would suggest reading up on "aiming point" and focus on having your hands over your left toe at impact. A good training aid for this is called The Tour Striker. It's a golf club the instills forward lean.

Thanks Chip I will give your suggestions a go.

I agree. Sounds like excessive down, in to out, hooded.....everything.

Thanks for the input guys.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Without seeing video, check your grip, go mid body hands, dont go over bowed at anypoint (maybe even a little cup at the top) Feel like your swinging up and to the left thru the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.