Shaft Upgrade Because of Swing Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've purchased three of Manzella's videos, watched all nine from youtube, found and watched the mini-videos of "power accumulators" and "perfect pivot" amongst others, and finally read and absorbed many of the insights this website had to offer. I especially enjoy "mrdoak's" post on his swing improvements after having a lesson with Brian.

I've improved immensely.

My question now is: do I need to upgrade my s300 shafts?

I've purchased three of Manzella's videos, watched all nine from youtube, found and watched the mini-videos of "power accumulators" and "perfect pivot" amongst others, and finally read and absorbed many of the insights this website had to offer. I especially enjoy "mrdoak's" post on his swing improvements after having a lesson with Brian.

I've improved immensely.

My question now is: do I need to upgrade my s300 shafts?

I can't answer for the experts here but I don't see why you would need to upgrade your shafts unless you have raised your swing speed considerably. The DG S-300 is a pretty hefty shaft.

I can't answer for the experts here but I don't see why you would need to upgrade your shafts unless you have raised your swing speed considerably. The DG S-300 is a pretty hefty shaft.

Well with the dragging takeaway, float loading and drag loading...and with my swing thoughts of "pivot, bump and drop-punch", I've been walloping the ball with ease.

Thing is, with all the float and drag loading, I feel like I've loaded the shaft more than before, thus the consideration of upgrading to the x100s or px 6.0s.

How do you hit the S300's....shaft fitting has more to it than swing speed...if you are hitting em well why change it? If you are not hitting em well go and see a fitter, they will help you a stack more than anyone over the net can...

I have just upgraded my irons and the S300s in them were determined as a little "soft" by my clubfitter.

Be aware I spent over 3 hours hitting balls with all types of shafts / clubs before getting the shafts correct and almost no time on selecting the clubs.

The shafts were then "PURED" which makes seemingly an awful lot of difference.

Sadly I do not consider myself to hit the ball that far (yet) I generate about 100mph with my driver.

I have just upgraded my irons and the S300s in them were determined as a little "soft" by my clubfitter.

Be aware I spent over 3 hours hitting balls with all types of shafts / clubs before getting the shafts correct and almost no time on selecting the clubs.

The shafts were then "PURED" which makes seemingly an awful lot of difference.

Sadly I do not consider myself to hit the ball that far (yet) I generate about 100mph with my driver.

What shafts did you upgrade to?

For what it's worth, I will not upgrade my shafts. I do strike them nicely but because I generate more spin, the ball does that low rising lift into the air now. If I do need an upgrade, it'll definitely be a shaft with low spin characteristics.

They are rifle shafts - but they could have easily been two other shafts with similar characteristics - they were then frequency matched with increasing swingweights and then PURED. I would not recommend the shaft to everyone, as these were the ones which matched my needs - I would recommend to anyone to get shafts that suit them however, it certainly seems to make a big difference - much more so than which clubhead to choose which is what most manufacturers would have you do. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.