Shallow.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

hp12c

New
.......Shallow is good but now and then Mr steep shows up uninvited and brings an unwanted guest Mr divot aka beaverpelt. Mr Steep and Mr Divot were always welcomed untill my roomate Mr ball started acting funny when Mr Steep and Mr Divot showed up, see Mr ball is kinda sensitive and when Mr Steep showes up Mr Ball just seem to run in all different directions and heights. Recently Mr ball has met Mr Shallow and they seem to hit it off pretty well Mr ball goes in a more predictable line and the height is also more predictable, so much so that the 2 new friends met 2 new friends Mr Par and Mr Birdie. They are becoming really good friends and are meeting more often on some place called a score card (must be a new club or hang out). Thats my story and Im sticking to it. First and foremost I would like to thank Bmanz for bringing those two together, cause without Bmanz none of it would have been possible. Next on the thank you list is Kevin Shields who also is responsible for those two meeting and of course Granato, Virtuoso, Jen ( I cant spell your whole name but I hope u know who u are) and the rest of the forum crew who keep me laughing and interested in this place.

hp12c

New
ball after ball no divot and the sound of the club smashing the ball TTCOTM (TEAR THE COVER OFF THAT MOFO) SHALLOW IS GOOD!!!

One of the regular guys in our group thinned one if he takes a beaver pelt... he calls his normal divot a "puppet grave". :)

hp12c

New
One of the regular guys in our group thinned one if he takes a beaver pelt... he calls his normal divot a "puppet grave". :)
Lately with the short Irons I can get real shallow with just turning the grass from green to yellow(just took the color off the grass) shots go as long a little higher with less curvature on the ball (almost straight) and I say that cause by the time I see the ball in the air I dont know where that ball started on but I like where its ending on the green close to the hole.

The longer clubs area work in progress but I did see a little difference after I was a little angry cause I wasnt getting similar results with the longer clubs, what I did is I teed the ball about half and inch high and the 1st few I hit on the top of the hybrid 4 center strike just not on the face hahaha.

I think I came in too steep so I told myself hit up on it and wham!! beautiful straight at the target shots did that for a few balls now no tee ball on the ground this where the rubber meets the road and this is what I felt not necessaraly in this order, left shoulder going up and left right shoulder going down and right, head staying back, left hip higer than right, left eye higher than right I though for it was fat city but no wham! I think I TTCOTM (Tore The Cover Off That Mofo) well not really but it was so nice and straight it was like magic! and the magic continued and now my right lower back is muscle sore. Im gonna make that my go to shot, gonna put Mr beaverpelt on vacation.

hp12c

New
ooook so Ive been secretly practicing a little just a little LCT (lagging clubhead takeaway) mainly on chips and 10 to 20 yds pitches. Today I went to the driving range and holy guacamole!!! something or someone possesed my body cause that little ball was flying off the clubs like, like someone else was swinging it, high and long !!only one problem directional control was no bueno. I think I should stop cause that LCT technique is too adanced for an amateur like me.

Would a lagging clubhead takeaway perhaps set the club in the hands opposite of a drive hold preset (hands forward)? Anyway it is interesting that you noticed the extra power.

hp12c

New
Would a lagging clubhead takeaway perhaps set the club in the hands opposite of a drive hold preset (hands forward)? Anyway it is interesting that you noticed the extra power.

Drive hold preset? no nintendo, what I also notice that the LCT helps keep me wider on the takeaway with soft wrist and shoulders, I really feel the clubhead weight , feeling it on my left hand going back and pulling on my right hand then the weight switches hands and thats when I was freewheeling to the ball!

The u tube vid didnt say, but it did say it was on May of this year at the Oak Hill Seniors.

That video has been up for a while. It is from May 2008. Looks like TW is using a long iron, the way he typically starts his range practice.

hp12c

New
Played last friday bogey every hole on the front nine. on the drive from the 9 t the 10 tee I told myself gotta at least shoot par on every hole on the back nine! should have told myself gotta birdie every hole on the back nine cause I almost did par every hole on th back nine 1 stinking hole got bogey. Thats it Im gonna tell myself gotta biride every hole dam it.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.