Short Game advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys, all the instruction on the full swing has helped me immensely, do you guys have any short game drills (chipping, pitching, putting) that have helped your students/your game out. I like the idea behind Pelz's 3 x 4 system and the chipping ratios. Any others?

rundmc

Banned
bendet3 said:
Hey Guys, all the instruction on the full swing has helped me immensely, do you guys have any short game drills (chipping, pitching, putting) that have helped your students/your game out. I like the idea behind Pelz's 3 x 4 system and the chipping ratios. Any others?

Take one ball to the putting green . . . chip/pitch it and putt out from different spots. You'll get better. Do this like playing 18. See how many times you get up and down. Try to get 5 up and downs in a row. Learn it by doing it.

rundmc said:
Take one ball to the putting green . . . chip/pitch it and putt out from different spots. You'll get better. Do this like playing 18. See how many times you get up and down. Try to get 5 up and downs in a row. Learn it by doing it.

Great post

hue

New
Work on your shorter chip shots closer to the green first than work away from the greento the longer shots.

pp#3 - It's only the secret of golf

Lagpressure has been the key to my shortgame lately (or actually the key to my golfgame, but I learned it thru the short game)

I feel like striking the ball with (a nonactive) #3 pressurepoint, the triggerfinger. I'm hitting, so it's my right arm driving the club (pp#1: right hand lifeline on top of left thumb).

It's just like throwing a ball. Imagine where you need to land the ball. Take a couple of practiceswings and take notice how much lagpressure you need to fly the ball to that spot. It's fantastic how fast your hands will learn (get educated).

Start with chips, then pitches, then full swings.

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
Thom, that is how I learned a flat left wrist and lag pressure too. Amazing how much better my chipping and pitching has gotten since the spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.