Short game

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZAP

New
I am still making slow progress away from being a handle dragger leading edge only short game practitioner. It seems like my biggest problem is my lower body wanting to lead the way especially my hips want to slide towards the target. If I have someone stand holding a club against my lead hip to prevent the slide it is all so simple. Take the club away and I am either sticking it in the ground or blading it across the green half the time.

Anyone have any "how to" ideas you might use to speed up my learning process? Or is it just a matter of more practice time?

hp12c

New
look up Brians how to hit the tour pitch, great little short video, very good. try it I think youll like it.

Hey Zap, Long time..
Somewhere to start
If you have a big angle between the lead arm and club undo some of it before you hit the ball.

ZAP

New
Hey Zap, Long time..
Somewhere to start
If you have a big angle between the lead arm and club undo some of it before you hit the ball.

Thanks Matt. Hope things are going well. I'll give it a try. Honestly every time I feel like I have it the walls come crashing down. This past weekend I hit some of the best little pitches and chips on the three greens I missed on the front nine and then on ten it was gone. Eagles Landing was where you used to be right?

I keep holding out hope for another short game video from Brian and company. If Brian comes anywhere near me I am going for an hour of short game.

Agreed on James Sieckmann. Brian recommended his book to me and I've checked out his videos. Goes right along with Brian's teaching of the tour pitch.

ZAP

New
Thanks guys for the suggestions. I checked out some of the stuff and a couple of things about the set up for chipping/pitching were things I had not heard described that way before. I think I might be beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Hey Zap, only reason you've all that lower body drag going on is because your not on the lead foot early enough. Either put it there and never leave (short shots only) or get there waaaay earlier.

Left or lead arm only pitches and chips will help find that light as well. That lead wrist goes into extension way before you realize it(downswing). Also, try thinking about the handle never being allowed to pass your center (belly button) but the club head absolutely has permission to pass. Hope that helps and I agree with the sieckmann videos, teaches the same thing Brian preaches! Good luck!

ZAP

New
Hey Zap, only reason you've all that lower body drag going on is because your not on the lead foot early enough. Either put it there and never leave (short shots only) or get there waaaay earlier.

Hit a few pitches in the back yard between thunderstorms tonight and I think this may have been a big missing piece of the puzzle for me. Thanks. Remind me to buy you a diet Dew if we get together again.

Status
Not open for further replies.