Snapping the kinetic chain

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have long had my hips turning throughout the downswing, with no snap. Are there any simple thoughts or perhaps address modifications that would help me to stop the hips? Toe'd in left foot? Closed stance? Step on the left foot to start the downswing?

As is, I'm consciously trying to stop them and it just isn't something I can time with any reasonable degree of accuracy.

How's you lower body strength? You may not be strong and or stable enough in that area. When I was focusing on that I was told to grip the ground with my feet and use a core contraction to facilitate the club release.

I have long had my hips turning throughout the downswing, with no snap. Are there any simple thoughts or perhaps address modifications that would help me to stop the hips? Toe'd in left foot? Closed stance? Step on the left foot to start the downswing?

As is, I'm consciously trying to stop them and it just isn't something I can time with any reasonable degree of accuracy.

It's all about going to the end. I think the separate parts of the sequence fire till they have nothing left and then the next part fires and so on. It would be foolish to try to stop anything in my opinion. There is nothing about the body's anatomy that acts like a rubber band just in case you did not know. Like stepping blocks, you use one block, then step up on the next block. Your hips take you to a place, your shoulders to another place...

How's you lower body strength? You may not be strong and or stable enough in that area. When I was focusing on that I was told to grip the ground with my feet and use a core contraction to facilitate the club release.

I'm pretty sure my lower body strength is adequate.

It's all about going to the end. I think the separate parts of the sequence fire till they have nothing left and then the next part fires and so on. It would be foolish to try to stop anything in my opinion. There is nothing about the body's anatomy that acts like a rubber band just in case you did not know. Like stepping blocks, you use one block, then step up on the next block. Your hips take you to a place, your shoulders to another place...

That all makes sense, but how can I get "the end" for my hips to happen sooner in the downswing? Right now, looking at video, my hips are a good bit more than 45° open at impact.

Last edited:

dbl

New
Just to play devil's advocate for a moment...

Who said 45* open hips and hip turning (which you mentioned in the OP) are desirable elements in your snapped chain of a swing?

I know personally some concepts can be done wrongly and to excess, to no good end...

Just to play devil's advocate for a moment...

Who said 45* open hips and hip turning (which you mentioned in the OP) are desirable elements in your snapped chain of a swing?

I know personally some concepts can be done wrongly and to excess, to no good end...

I don't think these elements are desirable. My hips are too open, the club lags way behind the body, & I'm up on my right toe at impact. I want my arms to sling past my body like Brian shows in NSA.

I think I may need to focus on the bump to start the downswing instead of firing the right hip at the ball. Maybe a "stretch the right hamstring" kinda idea.

hp12c

New

Hello duckjr78,
I would suggtest to hit the driver from you knees, teed up of course.

Art

I almost blew out my already weak left knee trying to create a maximum kinetic chain golf swing. I was snapping my left knee Tiger style to stall my pivot, and I was violently throwing the club. I made tons of power, but my left knee was in pain. Watch Mike Austin's pivot, and how he transfers power from the ground to the club using total motion. <---- hip slide to the left, tons of axis tilt, a faux deep pitch elbow position, and a right arm throw... I think it's the real 4 barrel maximum participation stroke that we use to talk about back when this forum was more TGM centered.

Have not been making any posting for a long time. The most important part in the book is Chapter 14... and here is a video which will explain chapter 14 properly (Ignore the Japanese). You can never override your computer. The cause and result, form follow function...
What we feel might not be real, about the snapping the kinetic chain... shall we start thinking of why are are having spike on our golf shoes? And more importantly, compatible components!

Status
Not open for further replies.