Snead swing discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Brian and Jim, any chance of some comments on swing sequence of Snead - i did a search but could find nothing much. I loved the Hogan, Middlecoff and recent John Daly ones!

Youtube has this sequence:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqnMvkSomkM

originally posted by KOC - a www.brianmanzella.co. regular ! BUT not sure when it was shot because it does not look like the still sequence in my 1946 "How to play Golf" book. Did Snead make big changes to his pattern , maybe not noticed much due to his great rhythm??

The thing that struck me was the knee action in 1946 shows, and advocates, level knees at end of backswing whereas the video shows big left knee dip and much more "tilt" rather than "look of lean"... is the video showing this or is it just camera angles??

Thanks guys.

PS If anyone does not have this book then I advise an addition to your library - great images and a finish swivel that looks like Brian has sculpted it - arms flung across the chest, maintains alot of axis tilt... BHAM!

Tom Bartlett

Administrator
It wasn't a pull per se. But, a pull in relation to his stance line. My guess as to why he did this is because he was so flexible he had to find a way to stop his pivot and closing his stance accomplished this.

lia41985

The dude could pick his ball up out of the hole without bending his knees. In Tiger's book, he has a picture of Snead kicking a ceiling when he's in his 70's (I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.