So, I have been here a while... time for some "numpty" questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, you may remember me from such threads as:
"help... Im pulling shots...bad"
and
"Impressed by Morgan Pressel."

I have been hanging around the old forum here for about 2 months now... posting anyway, and I have seen some terms that I am not used to, and dont fully understand. However, Im hoping this thread will change that.:)

Here are a few right off hand, that I need some help with.

What exactly is the "pivot"? (i told you these were numpty) I have seen quotes in someones sig. that says "wallop the ball with your pivot" now I should know what exactly the pivot is... but I dont. fill me in please.

"accumulator lag" what exactly is that? as opposed to other types of lag...?

anyway... at the risk of looking like a moron, I dont care. I want to know the answers and this is the best way I can do it. Im sure there will be more questions as see and think more, but lets start with those.

also, point me to any past threads, and please feel free to use visual aids, because I learn from seeing, not reading so much.

OK thanks guys.
Micah.

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
"wallop the ball with your pivot" - explained in detail in "confessions of a former flipper"; basically it is not moving your hands with your hands and arms and letting your core do the work

"accumulator lag" - TGM has power accumulators and there are 4 of them, accumulator lag refers to delaying all of the power accumulators till late as possible in the downswing.

This is different from "clubhead lag" and "pivot lag" all lag is useful, however the only lag that matters is the clubhead trailing the hands. Huge accumulator lag is difficult for those who started the game late in life and those with more limited flexibility.

Hope all that helps

Brian has a bunch of articles.......not sure if they are grouped in any single spot yet but he did about 10 I do believe.

You must've seen the YouTubes by now yes?

As for things to search for:

-threads started by Brian Manzella
-threads with "video" and "audio" in the title
-any terms or anything you don't know.....high chance you will find it in a search

That'll keep you busy anyhow.

The archives!

Dash the archives are an excellent place to start. A lot of folks can tell you the answers to the above, but I encourage you to find them yourself!

I dunno, kind of an empowerment, do-it-yourself thing ya know? Plus, you eliminate the bias and make your own assumptions.

You'll be surprised what you find there too :eek:

What exactly is the "pivot"? (i told you these were numpty) I have seen quotes in someones sig. that says "wallop the ball with your pivot" now I should know what exactly the pivot is... but I dont. fill me in please.

"accumulator lag" what exactly is that? as opposed to other types of lag...?

Pivot = everything except your arms and hands. Generally, it's the "core" of one's swing - shoulders, hips and knees.

Lag = trailing.
In golf, lag (clubhead lag) usually means the clubhead is trailing the hands, creating that angle Sergio is famous for.
When the clubhead is trailing the hands, we usually - but not always - feel this through the right forefinger as the club resists against this point ("clubhead lag pressure").
Pivot lag means the upper body is trailing the lower body.
Accumulator lag is when an accumulator is "out-of-line". It gets release when it seeks its in-line condition. An accumulator is something you can use to hit the ball with by itself, e.g. right arm. When my right arm is bent, I have "right arm accumulator lag", and when it straighten it moves the ball and releases the accumulator lag. Another example is the left wrist cocking and uncocking.

wow, thanks you guys! i really appreciate your help. I was expecting a few people to call me out for not knowing this stuff, but you guys were nothing but help. thanks again, its good to know i can ask any questions i want and not feel stupid.:)

jimmyt

New
wow, thanks you guys! i really appreciate your help. I was expecting a few people to call me out for not knowing this stuff, but you guys were nothing but help. thanks again, its good to know i can ask any questions i want and not feel stupid.:)

Why you lookin to get called out..........we do aims to please.

Status
Not open for further replies.