Soft Draw review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soft Draw will help more people than Never Slice Again.
It is a bold prediction I know, especially since NSA has helped almost everyone who has seen it and/or tried its concepts. But hear me out, as my reasoning is two fold.
First, it will help people who are unable to do the NSA pattern. Some people just can't quite get the twistaway to work, find it extremely uncomfortable or physically impossible to do, or can't get a consistent ballflight using it.
Second, it will help those who have had success “de-junking” their swing with NSA, but need to move inward toward the middle of the matrix.
For me, it was a little bit of both.
I came into this year (with no TGM-type knowledge) with a pattern that was, in Manzella-ese, pretty close to Never Hook Again. I grew up learning a super-strong grip, and I had to figure out how not to hook it off the planet. What I ended up doing was limiting my hip turn, picking the club up pretty quickly (I figured out that using the right forearm worked the best), and then I just dropped my right forearm down onto the ball. Then all I did was open my body as much as I could and “hold on” to hit a fade. I played some really good golf this way, but it wasn't as consistent as I would have liked.
Earlier this year, I happened upon this site, NSA, and went to work. I learned how to rotate the clubface correctly, pivot better, all that good stuff. I had a better swing and better knowledge, but wasn't really getting better results. I still couldn't quite shake my previous swing habits. My shots were mostly pull draws, pulls, and pull cuts, with the occasional “check-swingy” type finish. If I swung out to the right more, I got under the sweetspot and either hit a push or a push-fade. I couldn't consistently get a nice push draw. I was stumped.
This is where Soft Draw helped. Once I applied the main concepts, the results came pretty fast. I started hitting a lot of shots that started right and drew back. I still have some issues trusting it right now, but the more I work with it, the more I can feel the consistency developing.
As for tangible results, yesterday I had five birdies during my nine-hole league. (I also had two bogeys from just off the green. Now if I could just figure out my chipping/short pitches, I'd really be dangerous.)
I am hoping my results are a sign of good things to come, and not just one of those all-familiar honeymoon-type phases. I guess only time will tell. Until then, I would just like to say...

Goodbye right side, goodbye check swings...and hello Soft Draw. :cool:

Congrats, man.

Jeez. With all the good players posting on this site, I'm getting pretty self-conscious. Is there a hackers.com forum somewhere?? :)

So did you have a lesson with Brian to learn a "soft draw"? I've seen it mentioned here and there but nothing specific. Thanks

Was this a lesson or is soft draw available to purchase?

Soft Draw will help more people than Never Slice Again.
It is a bold prediction I know, especially since NSA has helped almost everyone who has seen it and/or tried its concepts. But hear me out, as my reasoning is two fold.
First, it will help people who are unable to do the NSA pattern. Some people just can't quite get the twistaway to work, find it extremely uncomfortable or physically impossible to do, or can't get a consistent ballflight using it.
Second, it will help those who have had success “de-junking” their swing with NSA, but need to move inward toward the middle of the matrix.
For me, it was a little bit of both.
I came into this year (with no TGM-type knowledge) with a pattern that was, in Manzella-ese, pretty close to Never Hook Again. I grew up learning a super-strong grip, and I had to figure out how not to hook it off the planet. What I ended up doing was limiting my hip turn, picking the club up pretty quickly (I figured out that using the right forearm worked the best), and then I just dropped my right forearm down onto the ball. Then all I did was open my body as much as I could and “hold on” to hit a fade. I played some really good golf this way, but it wasn't as consistent as I would have liked.
Earlier this year, I happened upon this site, NSA, and went to work. I learned how to rotate the clubface correctly, pivot better, all that good stuff. I had a better swing and better knowledge, but wasn't really getting better results. I still couldn't quite shake my previous swing habits. My shots were mostly pull draws, pulls, and pull cuts, with the occasional “check-swingy” type finish. If I swung out to the right more, I got under the sweetspot and either hit a push or a push-fade. I couldn't consistently get a nice push draw. I was stumped.
This is where Soft Draw helped. Once I applied the main concepts, the results came pretty fast. I started hitting a lot of shots that started right and drew back. I still have some issues trusting it right now, but the more I work with it, the more I can feel the consistency developing.
As for tangible results, yesterday I had five birdies during my nine-hole league. (I also had two bogeys from just off the green. Now if I could just figure out my chipping/short pitches, I'd really be dangerous.)
I am hoping my results are a sign of good things to come, and not just one of those all-familiar honeymoon-type phases. I guess only time will tell. Until then, I would just like to say...

Goodbye right side, goodbye check swings...and hello Soft Draw. :cool:

Brian is suppose to make a video for "friends" and the soft draw is in it with other surprizes when he finishes his new home....

Status
Not open for further replies.