something really odd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem really bad with putting. Anyone who can help me or knows why can answer. When I line up to make a putt only a left to right putt I set my club down (lets say a straight putt) I look and line up my club I hit it left of hole this has been going on for some time. Now the guys I play with low handicapers get behind me and tell me my putt is way left of were I`m aiming. I DONT SEE THIS, time and time again its the same thing. When I set up and my friends get behind me and tell me to move my putter head till it lines up with the hole, I`m amazed of how much right I see the ball to the hole and cant beleive it. Now is there something wrong with my vision have anyone ever had this problem or heard of anyone with this problem?....joe

Same issue

You describe the exact issue I have when putting...Can anyone help answer this? When I have someone align my putter correctly to the hole I feel like I am aimed way left so it is hard to trust-esp on left to right putts...

Looking for a method to use on the course. Here's what I do now, I don't even think about the putter face until the end. I line up where I want to putt using a natural mark on the green that is about 6-8 inches in front of the ball. That's my putting line. Then I line the tips of my shoes parallel to this putting line. Then I place my putter behind the ball making sure it is perpendicular and intersects the putting line. Then I adjust if I am too close or too far from the ball (eyes just inside the ball). Then no matter how screwed up or not it seems, I trust it and putt.

I gues you missed the point. If you lined me up correctly I still see the putt more right of the hole and if I putt I will pull it left to were I think the hole is. Jim K waiting for your answer....joe

I dont know how to fix you, or what jim is going to say... but you could try what allot of pros are doing, and what i do. draw a line on your ball, and line that up, then, line the line on your putter up with the line on the ball. and just trust it. works like a charm.

Practice putting under a string - this could help train your eyes to gaze down the line along with learning a lot more about your stroke, hinge, etc..

Please explain what gaze is the way you mean.

A "straight gaze" is one where you are looking straight out of your eyes at the ball, and not down your cheeks. If you gaze down your face at the ball, they will want to stay that way when you turn your head to look at the hole/target spot. This will put your gaze inside of the target, and you will most likely think the target is inside as well. You can make adjustments for this, but these adjustments usually affect aiming also.

Try setting up to the putt so you look at the ball straight out of your eyes. If your eyes are over the ball, this will put your forehead and your chin at the same distance from the ground.

Of course, this may not be your specific problem, but I think it is worth looking into.

Status
Not open for further replies.