Spinning out- can't seem to get to sit down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

Lately it seems that I have been spinning out on shots. THis has led to pulls and/or horrible contact. At least I think this is why I pull and have bad contact. I am wondering if there are some drills to help me get to sit down position easier. Should I try to keep my right foot down more through impact. I think that I am so afraid of not getting to my left side that I just cant wait to get there from the top. Any help would be great! Thanks.

Mike

I'm no expert but: do you have prober axis tilt? envision hitting the inside aft of the ball with your right shoulder.

rwh

New
quote:Originally posted by fmlutz

Hello all,

Lately it seems that I have been spinning out on shots. THis has led to pulls and/or horrible contact. At least I think this is why I pull and have bad contact. I am wondering if there are some drills to help me get to sit down position easier. Should I try to keep my right foot down more through impact. I think that I am so afraid of not getting to my left side that I just cant wait to get there from the top. Any help would be great! Thanks.

Mike

Have you read Brian's two-part "Perfect Pivot" instructional articles?

Mathew

Banned
The mind is always in the hands !

Hands give direction to the pivot.... Hands controlled pivot....

If you are swinging use the pivot thrust via pp4 (where left arm contacts on chest) and by the indirect monitoring of the clubhead through pp3 (first joint of trigger finger). Remember MONITOR not thrust ! This gives direction to your pivot using pp4 through the monitoring of pp3... easy :)

As Yoda said in his video of the right shoulder with the hitting vs swinging video. Bump and take up the slack and then Use pp1 to launch directly away from the right shoulder down to your aiming point:). This is hitting...

Be clinical with this .... and it should erradicate the mass of pivot faults....

Thanks. I am trying to use a hitting procedure and I don't think I am taking up the slack. Also, when hitting, would the aiming point for pp1 be the ball or slightly inside of the ball?

Thanks for the help. I was thinking of the right shoulder low hitting balls yesterday and the results were pretty good. I still do not feel going into the ground during the downswing- but sometimes I get close and then I crush the ball with a sweet impact feel.

quote:Originally posted by holenone

quote:Originally posted by Ringer

Think "Right shoulder Low on finish."

But...

Don't forget Hand Location, Left Wrist Alignment and Shaft Location per 12-3-12-#41/42/43.

Wow.. 4 things I have to remember to fix one thing. Ouch...

DDL

New
Maintain knee bend and let the right foot roll onto the inside of the right foot and heel before getting pulled off. I was very suprised to find out that I could unconsciously shift weight to the left leg while my head and upper body were well behind the ball, if my inner right foot and heel maintained contact with the ground to at least the beginnning of the release point. Snead looks like he was flat footed until well past impact, but most Pros roll and pull just at about the beginning of release. Some guy named Manzella does a nice one.

DDL

New
Squaring my hips and knees at address also helped me get into a sit down on the DS. My natural most comfortable stance is open ,where my knees are crooked and my hips are lined up a bit to the left of the target. Even with a good BS pivot, my lower body remembers my address position, and attempts to get back to it. Consequently, my right knee lunges diagonally, taking my lower body with it, and I feel like I am pushing off my right toe cross laterally.

With the new 'uncomfortable" squared stance, on the DS, my lower body falls laterally to the left foot , leg and heel. I like the term fall better than slide because whenever I tried to slide, my left leg would straighten, and my hips would slant upwards as though I were trying to do a hip bump with Sasquatch.One falls into a semi crouching sit down position.

quote:Originally posted by Ringer

wanole - sounds like you've got a power leak then wanole... that or you have too much spine tilt.

I aam gettin a firewire card for xmas, so hopefully soon I can get my
swing up here, so it might be easier to diagnose for those of you in the know.

EdZ

New
IMO the easiest way to get to the 'sit down' position is to key on the left knee at the start of the downswing.

Move your left need laterally and level to start down and you'll feel the sit down, even in a slow motion drill. The hands/club will 'fall' into place.

Status
Not open for further replies.