"Stable lower body" on certain greenside shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
One option of playing green-side bunker and some other (lob?)shots seems to be with limited hip action (hardly any in the backswing, just shoulder rotation)? You see this sometimes watching tour players on TV and you hear commentators talking about keeping lower body stable on these shots.
I hadn't paid much attention to this until our club pro taught me this for greenside bunker shots. It feels like you get lot of clubhead throwaway, but my bunker play has definitely improved as a result of using this.

What's your take on this?

One option of playing green-side bunker and some other (lob?)shots seems to be with limited hip action (hardly any in the backswing, just shoulder rotation)? You see this sometimes watching tour players on TV and you hear commentators talking about keeping lower body stable on these shots.
I hadn't paid much attention to this until our club pro taught me this for greenside bunker shots. It feels like you get lot of clubhead throwaway, but my bunker play has definitely improved as a result of using this.

What's your take on this?

I hit an all arms and wrists shot when I need to spin it a lot, very little body motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.