Static fitting systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any readily available alternative to Ping's static fitting system?

It's not that I think there's anything wrong with the Ping one - but I'd be curious to see any alternatives.

I know the limitations of static fitting - but would still like to see a baseline estimate based on physiology as well as the results of a dynamic fitting.

Thanks for any help

As we get taller our arms get longer. Standard or not far from it should be fine.

Maroon dot +2". I'm 5'5".

David - I'm curious that you think std or close should be fine, since whilst you're not quite off-the-chart - you are right at the edge...

I know I've sounded sceptical about lie angle fitting previously (at least for people of close to average build). However, I've acquired a loft and lie machine and am looking into this more closely. Because I can...

Aye, basically. Ping's system takes height and wrist-to-floor distance into account - and spits out length and lie angle prescriptions for irons. Anything that does similar would be interesting.

really no idea what you are asking. Static fitting is not owned by ping so you can buy ANY fitting book and get the same static fitting rules.... and because you did not ask I will not tell how I feel about static fitting....;) except maybe that using static and fitting is maybe a contradictio in terminis unless you play static golf :eek:

really no idea what you are asking. Static fitting is not owned by ping so you can buy ANY fitting book and get the same static fitting rules.... and because you did not ask I will not tell how I feel about static fitting....;) except maybe that using static and fitting is maybe a contradictio in terminis unless you play static golf :eek:

Don't hold back your thoughts Frans - you'll give yourself an ulcer.

What I'm interested in doing is using a dynamic fitting to assess a "true" lie angle - and a static fitting assessment to determine a "theoretical" lie angle. If you've followed the threads about standing up the shaft, you'll know where I'm going with this.

When you say I could buy any fitting book and get the same static fitting rules - are you saying that for the same body measurements, each of those fitting systems would give the same recommendations as Ping in terms of length and lie?

David - I'm curious that you think std or close should be fine, since whilst you're not quite off-the-chart - you are right at the edge...

I know I've sounded sceptical about lie angle fitting previously (at least for people of close to average build). However, I've acquired a loft and lie machine and am looking into this more closely. Because I can...
I was just kidding. I am 5'10" and my 6 iron is 61.5*. Standard for my irons, according to Adams Golf.

Thanks goodness for that.:) I nearly asked about the length of your arms, and decided not to in case this was a painful taboo for you.

When you say I could buy any fitting book and get the same static fitting rules - are you saying that for the same body measurements, each of those fitting systems would give the same recommendations as Ping in terms of length and lie?

No, not the same recommendations as each have their own standards! but the same procedures to follow to make those measurements.

Well, that was my question.

I'm 5'9" and my wrist to floor measurement is 35.5". Based on those measurements, Ping's starting recommendation is a 5 iron that's 37.75" long and a lie angle of 63*.

How can I find what the variation is in static fitting recommendations?

Can I just ask you?:)

Burner

New
Well, that was my question.

I'm 5'9" and my wrist to floor measurement is 35.5". Based on those measurements, Ping's starting recommendation is a 5 iron that's 37.75" long and a lie angle of 63*.

How can I find what the variation is in static fitting recommendations?

Can I just ask you?:)

Seems like you just did! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.