Steven . Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with Pelz's 18/17" is that it's an average from all the other averages so one size doesn't fit all. Too big a disparity between grasses for the average for each grass type to work for all grass types. Mangum's analysis is spot on in his book.

I'll just say look again at my last post. Yes it's an average but again, based on experience, it can and should change depending on conditions. Mangum and Pelz I believe would agree on this, the disagreement is on the average number past the hole.

I agree. I've never had so much precision to hit it no more than 18". I much better focusing on an inch or two past. 18" can quickly turn into 36-48". The older I get the worse I putt. Fact of life that sucks for me.

I agree. I've never had so much precision to hit it no more than 18". I much better focusing on an inch or two past. 18" can quickly turn into 36-48". The older I get the worse I putt. Fact of life that sucks for me.

Getting old sucks and it's not just the putting touch that's going. I'm only mid 30's and I'm falling apart :(

leon

New
Getting old sucks and it's not just the putting touch that's going. I'm only mid 30's and I'm falling apart :(

Glad to know I'm not the only one. And the older I get, the less convinced I am that medical science will be able to help. I'd love to end up like Lee Majors but I don't think they can rebuild me :(

Also, it makes you feel old when you realise a lot of 'kids' don't even know who Lee Majors is.

I am actually playing better now in my mid 40's then in my mid 30's. But then again I only started playing when I was about 35 :cool:

But I don't think the touch is something that you lose when you get older. I think you only lose it if you don't practise/play. The touch might be a bit like good wine - it is getting better with the years. Until you get the yipes of course :(

Status
Not open for further replies.