Strange 'Plane rotation' in the transition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ,

I've been playing around with my SwingByte, although I don't trust the numbers yet (I just figured out I am still aligning it wrong I believe) seeing the club in 3D is quite cool.

I don't want to go down the route of chasing a look (this time not on video but in 3D) just for the sake of it but I've noticed a strange 'plane rotation' or club twisting in the transition to the downswing and I don't know whether that is just my way of playing but harmless or whether it is a cause of inconsistencies.

top.jpg
This is the swing newar the top of the backswing before the transition

transition.jpg

Suddenly the 'plane is rotated' or the club twisted (not sure what's causing it).

recovered.jpg

But I normally manage to recover and come from the inside.

The full swing can be viewed here: https://my.swingbyte.com/e/790268f3i (ignorre the numbers, just view the swing in 3D)

S
o what would you say? Work on it or just accept that it is 'my' swing?

Find someone in the UK who has the Taylormade MATT system if you really want to see your swing in 3D. No way I would trust swingbyte.

Any chance that the SB is wobbling at the top? The post impact visual seems odd.....
I've recorded swings from my instructor and another single figure player and they don't have that.

Btw. Ignore everything after impact.
You have to get used to how the swing looks in 3D. It helps when you rotate the swing around (you can do that on the website).
But from the swings I've seen so far no one has this strange twist at the top.

Last edited:
Find someone in the UK who has the Taylormade MATT system if you really want to see your swing in 3D. No way I would trust swingbyte.
Would I trust the SwingByte path numbers or face angle to make any chances? No

But! I've played around with that device now for a while and if I try to come over the top you can see it in the 3d graph.
If I play with a big loop, you can see it.

I think it is good enough to see relative movement in the swing. And my normal swing are fairly consistent on the SwingByte.

I don't think the SwingByte is useful for when you want to zero out your swing but if you have a less then ideal swing like me it is very useful to see what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.